The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Penguins, Saturday, November 4th, 2017 @ Rogers Arena 7 PST on CBC

Qwags

19 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

He's no playing in Utica.
In fact, he's not playing, period. 

He played last night.  With Megna and Wiercioch in Vancouver - they only have to scratch one veteran per game and not three.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I totally agree.

We should have won both these games looking back. As usual our media are unable to discern a performance from a result.

If I have one question mark on Green, it is he treats the media like allies and actually discusses things logically and explains his decisions with sincerity - that doesn't work with these jackals because at the end of the day they only want controversy and blood and if it's not there they will gladly make it up.

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I totally agree.

We should have won both these games looking back. As usual our media are unable to discern a performance from a result.

If I have one question mark on Green, it is he treats the media like allies and actually discusses things logically and explains his decisions with sincerity - that doesn't work with these jackals because at the end of the day they only want controversy and blood and if it's not there they will gladly make it up.

I think it's a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" approach. 

Oh, and the jackals of the Serengeti demand an apology for being compared to Vancouver sports media weasels. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it's a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" approach. 

It probably is but I guarantee he will regret it in the end. My tip to Green would be give them FA. I bet as we speak, Green's quotes are being written down and noted to use against him if things get ropey, because "context and circumstances" are just words to these vultures

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

Going to the game tonight! 

Bet or no bet, I want Boeser to get a hatty tonight. First time I’m seeing the kid play, I’m so excited! 

Canucks win 3-1! 

Can you use your shutout magic when you arrive? ;)

13 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

But they didn't win, they lost. So they looked good losing, big deal, is that worth 200+ bucks for the next game?

Performance and result? They lost. The performance wasn't good enough period. If it was they would have won.  Good performances in losing don't win anything except sympathy.

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

It probably is but I guarantee he will regret it in the end. My tip to Green would be give them FA. I bet as we speak, Green's quotes are being written down and noted to use against him if things get ropey, because "context and circumstances" are just words to these vultures

I think it has to come from Linden and Benning as well. The team (organization and roster) have given less in recent years, and I think that Green is actually a bit cagey with some of the twerps in the press. 

I remember a presser where he calmly chastised a reporter for asking a question that had already been asked. 

The majority of the press here are a bunch of excised goiters, but Green seems to have it under wraps. I think the biggest concern would be fans being led astray by media BS, but I think plenty of fans are firmly behind this team regardless of media subversion. 

In fact, I've heard that Crotchturd's Poovies are getting an all time low with the clicks. Hopefully that's enough to make him either return to Toronto, or just shrivel up and die. 

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

But they didn't win, they lost. So they looked good losing, big deal, is that worth 200+ bucks for the next game?

Performance and result? They lost. The performance wasn't good enough period. If it was they would have won.  Good performances in losing don't win anything except sympathy.

Of course. Why can't they win all 82 games? Stupid Canucks....

C'mon Guardian, no team can pull off that. They are playing with vigor and purpose. They'll win more. 

Archived