The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

54 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

After watching the Anaheim game......

It really underlines the importance of signing Gaudette, the development of Pettersson and Joulevi, and our next draft (Offensive Right handed Dman)

I thought it underlined the importance of Tanev.

58 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

After watching the Anaheim game......

It really underlines the importance of signing Gaudette, the development of Pettersson and Joulevi, and our next draft (Offensive Right handed Dman)

The beginning of this season was making people think that the rebuild is farther along then it is. According to Linden the rebuild just started last year. Well that is when they openly said the word rebuild. We are years away. Our forward group is well on its way but the defense is years away from being ready to compete with the big boys. It needs to be redone from the ground up. I will bet you that there will be a high priority on defense in this year's draft. This will be a completely different looking D in two years.

13 hours ago, Green Building said:

I don't see the Sedins being benched for extended periods of time, if at all. That's not anything new, and it isn't specific to the Sedin's either. That's typically what you get when you have 1000 points in the league. You afforded a little professional courtesy, especially if you're the captain and your brother is the assistant captain. 

I don't really have a problem with Burmistrov. He's as slow as the Sedins at times, but he makes some very calm and smart plays with the puck as well. We knew going into the season that there would be fluctuations in the lineup throughout the season. Despite wishful thinking I don't think many people thought the Twins would be scratched in place of Burmistrov, for example. There's a reason Gradin wanted to have Pettersson and Dahlen in the lineup with the Sedins this season, and it isn't because they are better leaders from the press box.

As I say, I don't agree. 

We HAVE shown them courtesy and respect as far as I'm concerned - 2 extended years of it. Realistically they should have retired at 35 imo. That way they would have gone out at the top.

This hanging on is not doing their image much good and it's certainly not helping their line mates imo.

12 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

You bet he does! You'll never see a high payed vet sit. 

I hate to agree with you, because most of your posts are trash, but sitting a 6 million dollar player is kind of like calling your GM an idiot..

Never say never though, I'm sure if Eriksson plays like Eriksson he may ride some pine - don't want his lack of motivation and emotion spreading to the young players... "cash in and coast" is a pretty $&!#ty life motto to have around.

21 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Gudbranson is a +1 so far under Green, and -14 under limited time with Willie D. I think the answer to that should be obvious. He brings a physical edge to the D group, if you missed that you weren't watching. He also missed a lot of last year breaking his wrist on Matt Martins face. 

McCann has 30 points in 102 NHL games, is really bad on face-offs and isn't physical. He's extremely average at best in a 3rd line role. 

To me thats a very good deal considering how much we need a physical player like EG, and when you look at Greens defensive system as a whole its working out well. 

Now it may not pan out but considering how middling McCann turned out to be it would be worth the risk for a rebuilding club. 

The picks turned into Rasmus Asplund who could turn out to be a Granlund-like player and Jonathan Ang who is putting up points in the OHL but is a smurf. We have the equivalent of these guys in the system and then some.

So when you look at the whole picture I really don't see how someone can say it was a bad deal for us. We didn't lose any skill we already have in the system and may yet get a tough RHD out of it. 

That doesn't answer my question, and trashtalking McCann doesn't make Gudbranson any better than he is. 

20 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I think that the loss of Tryamkin has set this d back.  Tryamkin made Guddy expendable.

Regarding Guddy, JB has a dilemma.

1) Sign him probably for big $

2) Let him walk for nothing

3) Get less than fair value for him at the TDL because of his UFA status.  Unless they sign him then trade him.

I think he brings a lot of good things to the table.  The Canucks have nobody back there that really scares anyone.  When he is on the ice I think the other team thinks twice about crashing the crease, roughing it up after the whistle etc. This can only create a positive environment for his team mates to operate in - and this cant be measured by stats.  He is also good at separating opposing players from the puck. 

But is a throw back old school style d man worth the money he will be asking for?  Is he worth the assets JB gave up?  Its a good debate.

Yeah losing Tryamkin was a kick in the junk.  I don't have a problem with Gudbranson, I have a problem with CDC overrating him.  He's a perfect 3rd pairing guy IMO.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what part of that is "trash talk"?

So "McCann has 30 points in 102 NHL games, is really bad on face-offs and isn't physical. He's extremely average at best in a 3rd line role." is just stating facts.

But anyone that criticizes Gudbranson is a Benning hater.

"only people I see that are upset are the usual Benning-bashers."

I guess Rush17, the guy that said "I love Benning. best GM in modern era for us." is a Benning hater because he was critical of Gudbranson?

The only thing you're consistent on is your condemnation to any criticism of Benning.  

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

So "McCann has 30 points in 102 NHL games, is really bad on face-offs and isn't physical. He's extremely average at best in a 3rd line role." is just stating facts.

But anyone that criticizes Gudbranson is a Benning hater.

"only people I see that are upset are the usual Benning-bashers."

I guess Rush17, the guy that said "I love Benning. best GM in modern era for us." is a Benning hater because he was critical of Gudbranson?

The only thing you're consistent on is your condemnation to any criticism of Benning.  

:bored: 

uh huh. You're the one who said JB gave up a lot, and suggested Gudbranson was having a minus year. Sorry if that gets the way of your narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

:bored: 

uh huh. You're the one who said JB gave up a lot, and suggested Gudbranson was having a minus year. Sorry if that gets the way of your narrative. 

He did give up a lot, and I said he was -13 as a Canuck.  Which he is.  

You said that anyone that criticized him is a Benning hater, even though some are clear Benning supporters in this very thread.  

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

He did give up a lot, and I said he was -13 as a Canuck.  Which he is.  

You said that anyone that criticized him is a Benning hater, even though some are clear Benning supporters in this very thread.  

that stat is meaningless. 

if someone wants to talk to me directly about anything I've posted I'm happy to discuss. I don't need you as a proxy. 

Archived