The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Timo Meier get a suspension for vicious butt-end on MDZ face?

Odd.

Should Meier get suspended?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, ice orca said:

The real ditty..why was the Gudbranson benched for the last nine minutes as one poster pointed out.

My guess was to push for offence.  As valuable as Gudbranson is, if you're pushing for a goal, he's not the first that comes to mind.

I wish I had the video editing skills to do a video comparison of incidents on certain Canuck players and what infraction they received and then show the same incidents that Canuck Players inflicted and see the comparison. I am sure there is a long list to compare and I am sure it will show discrepencies. That and the whole skate kicking motion thing has been brutal for the Canucks over the years.

I know comparables have been beaten to death but when you look at the suspension Hansen got for coming down with his glove on Hossa, yet this play only warrants a fine, it really becomes clear that there is a double standard.

not to mention the Edler on Hertl, glancing check that didn’t even send him to the ice. It’s frustrating..

56 minutes ago, Rink on Renfrew said:

I know comparables have been beaten to death but when you look at the suspension Hansen got for coming down with his glove on Hossa, yet this play only warrants a fine, it really becomes clear that there is a double standard.

not to mention the Edler on Hertl, glancing check that didn’t even send him to the ice. It’s frustrating..

I think that this still falls under statue of limitation and can use as an evidence against the league if they were to take action against the league.  Media is so good at creating narratives on every fines/suspension cases, including # of games that might be justified.  We just need to weed them out and catch the league's bias.  

4 hours ago, Rink on Renfrew said:

Both were utter bull$&!# suspensions.... 

On 12 November 2017 at 11:26 PM, canuck2288 said:

Beautiful, enjoyed watching that clown get pounded 

hey Parros was that punch worthy of a 2k fine 

hahahahaha 

Have some class, Parros needs to earn his NHL pay check. The NHL behaves in this manner consistently, the outcomes will be the same when the next DoPS steps in. The NHL will be explaining to their staff where additional revenue comes from, it is not saturated markets like Vancouver. They all know which side of Bettmans bread is buttered. 

19 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

Have some class, Parros needs to earn his NHL pay check. The NHL behaves in this manner consistently, the outcomes will be the same when the next DoPS steps in. The NHL will be explaining to their staff where additional revenue comes from, it is not saturated markets like Vancouver. They all know which side of Bettmans bread is buttered. 

Absolutely no clue what you are trying to express 

On 15/11/2017 at 3:14 AM, canuck2288 said:

Absolutely no clue what you are trying to express 

The NHL has always had trouble in the US gaining market share from popular sports like Football, Baseball and Basketball. In Canada hockey dominates (saturated). Plus the American population dwarfs Canada. 

People like to watch TV, TV is big business. 

In larger markets / population centres there is a lot of money (revenue) to be made by the NHL if they take market share away from the popular US sports - mainly through TV/internet (ads) and merchandising. Keeping it simple if more people watch the LA Kings on TV (a US city where hockey is not popular) and the number of viewers jumps from 150k to 500k, then they can sell advertising space for more money and the NHL earns more revenue from the underlying Franchise/team. This is why there are three teams in California. One in BC. 

Win or lose in Vancouver, the fans will still tune into the games. Therefore, there is nothing to be gained in Vancouver as revenue will be healthy/consistent, but it is not significant as the population is still small compared to the other major cities in the US. 

Parros is employed by the NHL. The previous post took a dig at him on a personal level. I think this is unfair, take the issue up with the NHL.  As Parros is an intelligent man, he will understand that his decisions impacts the NHL long term revenue model ie do I suspend Toffoli/Meier/Perry or give them a slap on the wrist. 

Keeping in mind that if players are getting suspended in SoCal and the teams are not winning, less people will watch the games. SoCal is a huge market the NHL wants to succeed, if the NHL succeeds, Parros gets a raise at the end of the year. He walks a fine line. 

Therefore, Parros, and other Heads of the DoPS  are consistent. They will understand there is a commercial element to their job. Especially Parros as he is well educated. 

13 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

The NHL has always had trouble in the US gaining market share from popular sports like Football, Baseball and Basketball. In Canada hockey dominates (saturated). Plus the American population dwarfs Canada. 

People like to watch TV, TV is big business. 

In larger markets / population centres there is a lot of money (revenue) to be made by the NHL if they take market share away from the popular US sports - mainly through TV/internet (ads) and merchandising. Keeping it simple if more people watch the LA Kings on TV (a US city where hockey is not popular) and the number of viewers jumps from 150k to 500k, then they can sell advertising space for more money and the NHL earns more revenue from the underlying Franchise/team. This is why there are three teams in California. One in BC. 

Win or lose in Vancouver, the fans will still tune into the games. Therefore, there is nothing to be gained in Vancouver as revenue will be healthy/consistent, but it is not significant as the population is still small compared to the other major cities in the US. 

Parros is employed by the NHL. The previous post took a dig at him on a personal level. I think this is unfair, take the issue up with the NHL.  As Parros is an intelligent man, he will understand that his decisions impacts the NHL long term revenue model ie do I suspend Toffoli/Meier/Perry or give them a slap on the wrist. 

Keeping in mind that if players are getting suspended in SoCal and the teams are not winning, less people will watch the games. SoCal is a huge market the NHL wants to succeed, if the NHL succeeds, Parros gets a raise at the end of the year. He walks a fine line. 

Therefore, Parros, and other Heads of the DoPS  are consistent. They will understand there is a commercial element to their job. Especially Parros as he is well educated. 

Parros is brain dead because his brain is dead from years of getting beaten into unconsciousness 

that said, your points are way off. Ratings and attendance are down across the league. In terms of a fine versus a suspension, that’s just a joke and now the league will force the Canucks to exact revenge on their own....which they will

On 17 November 2017 at 3:34 AM, canuck2288 said:

Parros is brain dead because his brain is dead from years of getting beaten into unconsciousness 

that said, your points are way off. Ratings and attendance are down across the league. In terms of a fine versus a suspension, that’s just a joke and now the league will force the Canucks to exact revenge on their own....which they will

OK chief. Parros is a Princeton graduate and a successful professional hockey player. But if you say he is brain dead, you must be right lol.  If he is brain dead, what does that say about you and your accomplishments. 

Have any previous Heads of DoPS ever behaved any different towards the Canucks? If they have, please enlighten me who they are. 

Furthermore, I never referenced short term term attendance records, this is a long standing issue. 

I don't disagree about the Canucks needing to stand up for themselves, it is the only way they could win a cup. The NHL could care less what happens in Vancouver. 

Maybe try reading reading my previous post again. 

On 2017-11-16 at 7:34 PM, canuck2288 said:

A Princeton Graduate is brain dead? Lol could you be any more ignorant? 

4 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

OK chief. Parros is a Princeton graduate and a successful professional hockey player. But if you say he is brain dead, you must be right lol.  If he is brain dead, what does that say about you and your accomplishments. 

Have any previous Heads of DoPS ever behaved any different towards the Canucks? If they have, please enlighten me who they are. 

Furthermore, I never referenced short term term attendance records, this is a long standing issue. 

I don't disagree about the Canucks needing to stand up for themselves, it is the only way they could win a cup. The NHL could care less what happens in Vancouver. 

Maybe try reading reading my previous post again. 

Brendan Shanahan? Hmmm you don’t recall the suspension of Hansen for jumping up to grab a puck? 

As for Parros, he must be a genius because he graduated from Princeton. Just like EVERY single graduate from Princeton 

A player committed a stick infraction to the head of another player and did not get suspended 

that was a Parros decision 

A few too many knockouts suffered 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2017 at 12:31 AM, canuck2288 said:

Brendan Shanahan? Hmmm you don’t recall the suspension of Hansen for jumping up to grab a puck? 

You just re-enforced my point, all Heads of DoPS treat the Canucks the same. It is the NHL’s indifference towards the Canucks which is consistent. 

I never disagreed that Meier should have received a suspension. 

I disagreed with the blame resting with Parros and your personal attack. He is just a figurehead. 

18 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

You just re-enforced my point, all Heads of DoPS treat the Canucks the same. It is the NHL’s indifference towards the Canucks which is consistent. 

I never disagreed that Meier should have received a suspension. 

I disagreed with the blame resting with Parros and your personal attack. He is just a figurehead. 

That’s fair but I suppose I hold out hope that someone will take a stand. That said there was another butt end recently that also only resulted in a fine yet a cross check to super pest Tchachuk gets a four game suspension 

guess it now depends what part of your stick you use 

Archived