The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Timo Meier get a suspension for vicious butt-end on MDZ face?

Odd.

Should Meier get suspended?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

giphy.gif

Brutal, guys at the HNIC panel say that that incident should be suspendable for a couple of games or so. Absolutely brutal, when you're up 3-0 with a minute left. Yeah he got checked by Del Zotto but that retaliation was uncalled for and really isn't that much of a difference than Duncan Keith's high stick on Charlie Coyle 

Image result for keith hit on coyle

Or Nyquists spear to Spurgeon's face.

Image result for nyquist high stick on spurgeon gif

If Meier somehow doesn't get suspended then I really don't know what to think of the DOPS anymore. Then there's clearly someone whos out to get us. 

I say at least 2 games.

It wasn't a cross-check, Meier hit Del Zotto in the face with the butt end of the stick. In any event, there's a reason he got tossed from the game. Completely unnecessary and dangerous.

Burns got a two-game suspension for butt-ending Steve Bernier in the face back in 2010, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Meier get some games. Who knows with this DOPS, though.

Can't really rely on them to clean the game up.  They are inconsistent with most of their ruling.  The instigator rules prevents the Canucks to police the game and it is really up to DoPS to clean the game up because of this rules in place.  This cheap shot to the face could cause concussion and this is what the NHL is trying to take out of and if they allowed Meier to get away with it, it shows us that they do not really care about this serious issue about the concussion prevention .  If Del Zotto sustained concussion, this is a preventable injury if Meier controlled his anger impulsive reaction.  So hold him accountable for lack of temperance by suspending Meier would be a good start to show us that the league is taking this serious concerning their lawsuits pending in the court.   The players can use the latest ruling against the league in the court and the court will say to them, why are no you not taking action by suspending the player that is a preventable head shots like this.  It is in best interest for the league to take action.  I would bet you that plaintiff lawyers are watching this closely and use every excuse in the book why they should win the case against the NHL.

17 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

That's ugly. 

I didnt get to see the game.  Did Meier have to answer the bell?

Nope, as 1 nobody tough was on the ice. 2 Dorsett has 2 instigator penalties and so another instigator penalty would result with him getting a 1 or (2?) game suspension. And Gudbranson was benched for the last 9 minutes of the game for some odd reason. 

Other than those two guys, we have nobody that's even a threat.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Nope, as nobody tough was one the ice. 2 Dorsett has 2 instigator penalties and so another instigator penalty would result with him getting a 1 or (2?) game suspension. And Gudbranson was benched for the last 9 minutes of the game for some odd reason. 

Other than those two guys, we have nobody that's even a threat.

:(

Archived