The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

It's not a rumour, Rush was just playing around. But ya...we'd have to add major pieces to Gudbranson to make a deal like that possible. 

I just read it then saw someone say benning would be an idiot to accept lol 

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I just read it then saw someone say benning would be an idiot to accept lol 

We don’t want a soon to be 28 year old Kadri.  Yes, he will improve our club in the short term, but he’s too old for the next core, led by Bo.  Plus, Kadri likely worsens our draft position.  We move Guddy, and we want back one elite prospect or a first round pick.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We don’t want a soon to be 28 year old Kadri.  Yes, he will improve our club in the short term, but he’s too old for the next core, led by Bo.  Plus, Kadri likely worsens our draft position.  We move Guddy, and we want back one elite prospect or a first round pick.

Not saying I want him most - but if he's the best deal on table think you take it and run, Gud can't even stay healthy in our lineup. How could he be the physical force we need in playoff hockey when he can't even deliver that or stay healthy in regular season play?

4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I would like to see Tanev traded instead  (if possible)  for picks or prospects and keep Erik (if he signs at decent $) 

Tanev might bring a better return and he is injured enough to not help us consistently anyways (injuries will be more frequent as well with age)

I much rather trade Edler than both Erik and Tanev

erik is a leader, great locker room , Edler is a poor mans number 1 D and a real world no. 2-3 D msn

here is a thought ...

edler for 1st and 2nd or straight up for a good prospect.

gagner for pucks 

Hutton for a 1st 

Vanek for 2nd 

sign Karlsson to league Max 

let MDZ walk if we can’t fit him in the salary cap 

karlsson Tanev

pouliot Gudbranson

juolevi Stetcher 

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Not saying I want him most - but if he's the best deal on table think you take it and run, Gud can't even stay healthy in our lineup. How could he be the physical force we need in playoff hockey when he can't even deliver that or stay healthy in regular season play?

I just read the idea of getting Kadri to then move him for picks/prospects.  I’d be excited about that.  Just so long as we don’t try to crawl to the middle of the pack by getting more older guys.  I don’t want JB to give up on the rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

erik is a leader, great locker room , Edler is a poor mans number 1 D and a real world no. 2-3 D msn

here is a thought ...

gagner for pucks 

Hutton for a 1st 

Vanek for 2nd 

karlsson Tanev

pouliot Gudbranson

juolevi Stetcher 

Phone JB and tell him to get his ar$e in gear.  

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

here is a thought ...

gagner for pucks 

Hutton for a 1st 

Vanek for 2nd 

karlsson Tanev

pouliot Gudbranson

juolevi Stetcher 

Yes I would trade Edler as well if possible

I think your returns for Edler and Hutton are unreasonable, considering what we got in return for others

No to Karlsson is my thought as well

6 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

here is a thought ...

gagner for pucks 

Hutton for a 1st 

Vanek for 2nd 

karlsson Tanev

pouliot Gudbranson

juolevi Stetcher 

Erik Karlsson is in his prime, he won't want to play for a rebuilding team.

And as other posters have said, your returns for Hutton and Edler are way off the charts, you are big time under valuing 1st and 2nd round picks.

3 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Erik Karlsson is in his prime, he won't want to play for a rebuilding team.

And as other posters have said, your returns for Hutton and Edler are way off the charts, you are big time under valuing 1st and 2nd round picks.

Not only that, but Ottawa will not let him walk for free, and just be a matter of signing him

We would be silly to empty our cupboard for 1 player and have nothing but him and little help

Don't think the plan is to trade away prospects for players anymore, that is what got us to where we are now

19 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He's a decent 3rd pairing D?

Find me any other top 4 D in the entire league with 0 points. 234 defensemen have more points than him.

Find me another D on our roster that can play 18 + minutes, is our second best defensive D after Tanev, plays PK and over 50% dzone starts all while bringing physicality, nuclear deterrent and leadership. 

20 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He's a decent 3rd pairing D?

Find me any other top 4 D in the entire league with 0 points. 234 defensemen have more points than him.

Marc Methot and Dan Dekeyser ? I think Gudbranson is a 20-25 min defenceman. Does not matter to me what pairing he is on but we need him.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Kadri is only 2 years older than Gudbranson, and has 4 more years left in his contract. Being two years older wouldn't make a difference in the "rebuild". 

Also, Gudbranson wouldn't fetch you an elite prospect, let alone a first round pick.

Archived