Noble 6

To LAK:

Gudbranson

Goldobin

3rd Round Pick 2018

To VAN:

1st Round Pick 2018

Jokinen

* This deal would be made closer to the trade deadline, assuming L.A. is still doing well.

The Kings get Gudbranson; a hard nosed defenseman who would fit in well with their style. He would add a right-handed shot to their D-core that would compliment their existing group pretty well. He would provide grit, leadership and physicality in a top-4ish role for a Playoff run. Depending on how they like the fit, they can decide whether or not to re-sign him as well. Goldobin has been a very good player in the AHL this year and would provide some scoring depth for them in the long run. He could be a cheap winger they could call up that wouldn't break their cap. With Carter and Gaborik coming back from injury at some point, they could have a shot this year if they're young guys, like Kempe, continue to play at a high level. The 3rd is depth for giving up such a high pick. Overall, this move boosts their D-core for a run:

Muzzin - Doughty

Martinez - Gudbranson

Forbert - Folin

MacDermid

The Canucks gain a 1st rounder in a very deep 1st round. The pick would probably be in the bottom half of the first round, but it would provide more options on draft day. Given how many good defenseman there are in the top-30 this year, we could very well still land a pretty good player. I understand that losing Gudbranson hurts our team toughness, but we can't afford to let him walk for nothing. His contract demands are rumored to be pretty high, too high given his value to the team. We don't need another bloated contract we have to carry around long term. We have enough forward depth to trade Goldobin, and giving up the 3rd doesn't mean much when you're getting a 1st in return. We take back Jokinen's contract to make it work with the cap. This deal is all about adding that extra 1st rounder in a deep draft for the Canucks. 

4 minutes ago, Bllewellyn said:

Jokinen has a limited nmc I believe and Van might not be on the list. Vancouver can get more for that package then the late first. 

Jokinen's no trade list is only 3 teams and we would be very lucky if Vancouver was one of the three. He may be the only forward in the league that Henrik can out skate.:rolleyes:

remove gud from that proposal

and i'm still not sure that trade provides fair value back to vancouver

goldy is on the verge of breaking out professionally

i do not see a bottom of the 1st round pick being worth more then him

and we simply set back the clock 3 years in terms of development by acquiring a new young player

not sure why jokinen would be included in this trade.. we don't want him .. kings just acquired him. . so likely might wish to keep him ?

and if we keep gud out of this trade

i'm sure he'd bring back a 2nd rounder.. on his own.. at the trade deadline

5 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

To LAK:

Gudbranson

Goldobin

3rd Round Pick 2018

To VAN:

1st Round Pick 2018

Jokinen

* This deal would be made closer to the trade deadline, assuming L.A. is still doing well.

The Kings get Gudbranson; a hard nosed defenseman who would fit in well with their style. He would add a right-handed shot to their D-core that would compliment their existing group pretty well. He would provide grit, leadership and physicality in a top-4ish role for a Playoff run. Depending on how they like the fit, they can decide whether or not to re-sign him as well. Goldobin has been a very good player in the AHL this year and would provide some scoring depth for them in the long run. He could be a cheap winger they could call up that wouldn't break their cap. With Carter and Gaborik coming back from injury at some point, they could have a shot this year if they're young guys, like Kempe, continue to play at a high level. The 3rd is depth for giving up such a high pick. Overall, this move boosts their D-core for a run:

Muzzin - Doughty

Martinez - Gudbranson

Forbert - Folin

MacDermid

The Canucks gain a 1st rounder in a very deep 1st round. The pick would probably be in the bottom half of the first round, but it would provide more options on draft day. Given how many good defenseman there are in the top-30 this year, we could very well still land a pretty good player. I understand that losing Gudbranson hurts our team toughness, but we can't afford to let him walk for nothing. His contract demands are rumored to be pretty high, too high given his value to the team. We don't need another bloated contract we have to carry around long term. We have enough forward depth to trade Goldobin, and giving up the 3rd doesn't mean much when you're getting a 1st in return. We take back Jokinen's contract to make it work with the cap. This deal is all about adding that extra 1st rounder in a deep draft for the Canucks. 

are u kidding me holy f thats a bad proposal  no thanks  why would we trade goldobin and guddy for a mid to late 1st rounder and a plug vet no thanks  i wouldnt even do that trade just for guddy let alone two other good pieces  go troll another team.

if we dont resign guddy he will be sought after at deadline by a ton of teams. Abd why would we trade a almost nhl ready sniper in goldobin  whos on entry level  c 

Yeah, I wouldn't do this.  I realize that Guddy's value is questionable given his limited abilities and ending contract, and that Goldobin is yet unproven at the NHL level but they are still valuable pieces.  We have no use for Jokinen as we already have a glut of forwards, and the 1st round pick is going to be a low one... despite being a deep draft.  AND we give up a 3rd?

Nah.  I also don't really want to give up Goldobin.  Though he is learning the finer points of the game in Utica, it is not lost on me that he is over a point a game down there.  He will be anywhere from an elite 3rd liner to a first liner in this league.

I really think there are extra pieces here that don't need to be.  How about just reduce it down to:

Guddy to LA

1st to Vancouver

I think that's pretty fair.

18 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

To LAK:

Gudbranson

Goldobin

3rd Round Pick 2018

To VAN:

1st Round Pick 2018

Jokinen

Muzzin - Doughty

Martinez - Gudbranson

Forbert - Folin

MacDermid

If I am Benning, I will not do this trade. We need Goddy, also Goldobin in our re-building.

It seems the proposal is in the view of LAK.

Archived