The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The White Spot on Georgia just sold for 245m

Gnarcore

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

whats chilliwack like? don't really want to make a new thread for this question.

I really like the Garrison area in Chilliwack.  Closer to Abby and has the river and University nearby. 

Flat area with lots of trails near by.  Seems pretty  nice when i have visited ....

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t they have a WHL team a few years back, the Chiefs?  

ya 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I really like the Garrison area in Chilliwack.  Closer to Abby and has the river and University nearby. 

Flat area with lots of trails near by.  Seems pretty  nice when i have visited ....

lived there as a kid for a bit but moved away and always like going back. I go there a lot in the summer mostly for the lakes and hikes. I don't know how much has changed though.

3 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

ya 

lived there as a kid for a bit but moved away and always like going back. I go there a lot in the summer mostly for the lakes and hikes. I don't know how much has changed though.

All kinds of kinds of new housing going in.  Looks like a little mini whistler village.   I really like the area but of course i am also a big fan of the chilliwack river.... such a beautiful flow.....

8 hours ago, kurtis said:

It's insane how much the vedder area is growing around the military museum!! A friend of mine bought in there 3 years ago for 550k. Think it's even more now.. 

550 is dirt cheap there now.  Its stupid how much those prices have rose in the last couple years.  Thats almost the price of townhomes now.

47 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hey hey hey, only on the north side of the highway! South side is civilized!

Agreed, at least when I lived there 14 years ago. Sardis (south Chilliwack) is/was a beautiful area. Last time I was through I couldn't believe how much the area has grown, not as quiet anymore.

Russ, your location says Mission, but I take it you are in the Wack now?

12 hours ago, soosoodeff said:

lol Chilliwack...... its the Compton of Canada :D

Vancouver is now  the compton of Canada. 

Downtown Vancouver looks like downtown Los Angeles on welfare cheque distribution day...  

All those people buying 2 million dollar condos so they can live among the homeless.   No thanks.

I would much prefer living in Sardis near the river with all the trails , river fishing and hiking close by.....

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Vancouver is now  the compton of Canada. 

Downtown Vancouver looks like downtown Los Angeles on welfare cheque distribution day...  

All those people buying 2 million dollar condos so they can live among the homeless.   No thanks.

I would much prefer living in Sardis near the river with all the trails , river fishing and hiking close by.....

I moved outta van a long time ago and when I visit, I can't wait to leave, but to be fair, it's only a few blocks of what you describe.

6 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Agreed, at least when I lived there 14 years ago. Sardis (south Chilliwack) is/was a beautiful area. Last time I was through I couldn't believe how much the area has grown, not as quiet anymore.

Russ, your location says Mission, but I take it you are in the Wack now?

Yea went from Mission to Chilliwack.  I like both areas of both cities I have lived in, both have some very sketchy and garbage areas but both have some very nice scenic and well kept areas.

Archived