The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Domi (Value/ Discussion)

KKnight

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I like Domi ,and I wouldn't mind trading Baer an a later pick for him.

More reasonably attainable right now would be Duclair, who also just needs a change of scenery IMO.

Jesus. Like Baertschi and and a late pick could get either of these people. Canucks fans are sadly delusional. 

8 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

That’s a great idea 

phx needs everything- especially veteran leadership 

Gudbranson + 3rd for Duclair 

I would think Arizona already has veteran leadership on their back end in OEL and Hjarlmarsson.  They're not going to trade youth and picks for a UFA whose gonna be gone in a few months.

16 hours ago, KKnight said:

I am a huge fan of Domi, just think he's in a bad situation with Arizona. It looks like they may be at a breaking point in Arizona and their GM isn't exactly the most experienced guy. He may be losing patience with their situation. 

If you were to ask me who I would be more comfortable with on LW Baertschi or Domi. I will always say Domi. 

What's your opinion of Max and what he would bring to our team? What do you think he would be worth right now?

Definitely like Baer better. He's turned into a really nice complimentary piece for Horvat and Boeser, I think he's worked hard and deserves to be given a new contract. I believe he's going to get one.

Arizona appears to be Un-developing Domi.  Each year, as the team has taken steps backwards, so has Domi's results.  While Arizona has a nice prospect pool, is anybody on that team happy with the way things are going?

In Domi's rookie year the team finished with 78 points and Domi produced at a 0.64 ppg rate.  Last year, 70 points and again 0.64 in fewer games played for Domi.  This year, Arizona projects to only 47 points and Domi's production has fallen to 0.48 ppg

In contrast, his good friend Bo Horvat has shown stready progression in his performance year over year.  Ppg 0.37 > 0.49 > 0.64 > 0.71

Interesting thought about domi... not much scoring punch so far tho. But I haven't seen him play at all.

Arizona is interesting for other reasons... if they are considering shaking things up and oel is unhappy maybe we should be targeting him? He isn't your prototypical number 1 guy but we don't have a puck mover like him.

If you think we are close to competing an offensive d man in his prime is something we are lacking

I think people are overvaluing Domi a little bit. To say we wpuld have to give up a huge amount of our future is a false statement. I mean I love the player, But in terms of production he's been having two straight down seasons. But, I believe he's in a terrible situation and his talents are going to waste on a team clearly going nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745I think people are overvaluing Domi a little bit. To say we wpuld have to give up a huge amount of our future is a false statement. I mean I love the player, But in terms of production he's been having two straight down seasons. But, I believe he's in a terrible situation and his talents are going to waste on a team clearly going nowhere. 

Would we do (is it fair?) to trade Virtanen straight up for Domi?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would we do (is it fair?) to trade Virtanen straight up for Domi?  

Good suggestion, but Virtanen brings a dynamic to this team we need. Did you watch the sharks game, I couldn't believe how dominant he looked. 

I was thinking more along the lines of Dahlen + pick. Decent trade for both teams with great potential benefits for both. 

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Good suggestion, but Virtanen brings a dynamic to this team we need. Did you watch the sharks game, I couldn't believe how dominant he looked. 

I was thinking more along the lines of Dahlen + pick. Decent trade for both teams with great potential benefits for both. 

I agree about Jake.  His highs are very high indeed.  I’d rather trade Goldy than Dhalen.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree about Jake.  His highs are very high indeed.  I’d rather trade Goldy than Dhalen.  

The skillset that Goldobin has shown flashes of at the nhl are very impressive. He has great vision. Dont get me wrong I like Dahlen, but we havent even seen him play on a smaller ice surface yet. I think he will be a good potential player for us too.

I say keep both of them and move out a Granlund or Baertschi depending on the targeted player.

Domi would be nice to have, but Arizona would ask a lot for him just like Buffalo would for Reinhart. They may be having down seasons but they play on absolute horrible teams too, especially Domi

Domi-Horvat are the best of friends so there's that.

Domi just needs a change of scenery and out of the dumpster fire with Nerds running the team and Tocchet as a coach. 

Domi scored 18 in his rookie year while contributing 52 points. No reason to believe he can't get back to that level. 

Sign him to a 2yr 3.5/ "show me" deal.

He is exactly the Dorsett-ruthless agression type that needs to run rampant thru our line-up. 

Domi-Horvat-Virtanen 

Could be a strong like e or even try Goldobin there for a hired gun.

I would give up Baertschi, Hutton or whatever package we are prepared to throw at Buffalo for Kane. Domi goes places Sven only dreams of venturing into.

Domi-Horvat could be a great 1st or wnd line with Boeser on another. 2 lines that can finally start doing dammage

Archived