The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Habs 4:00PM PST SNP/SN650

Odd.

20 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Is that seriously what the beers are for? I thought they were more of a cheers-type of vote? 

lol I hope not, as I've been buying beers for many people's posts that I liked/enjoyed !!

I swear I used to have both options, beer and down votes.

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Learn to move on.

Seriously? Thanks, Tips. 

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

No worries...try an once and a half of rum (Bacardi 8year) over ice in a short glass (half filled) with some coke (adjust to taste) many times over and it will become clearer

I'm pretty sure thats why my brains not firing on all pistons today.

Fwiw, I was legitimately asking because it's called hydration, which could be interpreted in a slightly negative way, and I'd hate to be handing out beers for the wrong reason. 

No worries, I'm over it thanks to appleboy's wonderful advice. 

Tough crowd. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's not a bad option either. Baertschi on the left side, Granlund on the right side, with Dowd in the middle. Then move Eriksson with the Sedins.

Or Granlund at C and Dowd replacing Chaput.

12 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

I get why vets get more ice, coaches want players on the ice they know are defensively responsible, they are there to win don't forget. That being said, on the power play in particular, where there is less risk of being scored on, using your best offensive weapons is common sense. I get the arguement that it also a 'reward' and maybe some guys haven't earned it (virtanen/goldy) but stech/pouliot/mdz would be fine with a 4th forward. I agree, its time to take Edler of the PP

Yeah but the vets have the highest negative regarding plus/minus on the team, and most teams that are in the playoffs have positive plus/minus. Now, how important is that stat?

I think its a misconception that the vets are defensively responsible given their stats...even though they might get the tougher matchups.

Personally don’t get all the Edler hate.  Thought he was solid last night.

His problem is of no fault of his own.  He is being asked to play like a #1 defenseman when he clearly isn’t one. He is 3-4 dman. But because no GM has put another defenceman on this team that is a 1 or 2 dman then Edler, and Tanev to a lesser extent, both play over their head.  

He he is a fairly solid in his own zone, blocks a lot of pucks and has a bit of offence. He in no way should be a #1 PP defenceman. 

35 minutes ago, mll said:

Baertschi playing with the Sedins.  
Weird choice after not playing so long and him not being comfortable playing on the right in the past.

After not playing so long Green's probably trying to do Baertschi a solid by putting him on the NHL's slowest line. 

...although I did love the physical pushback from Hank last game. Not much but for him it was something. 

27 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Vanek is on pace for 60 pts and 25 goals - better be giving him 2 mins of pp time per pp to turn him into a first rounder! lol then re-sign in summer!

Getting that output for 2m makes me feel 10x worse about what we're getting for the 6m being paid to a certain other Canuck winger. 

35 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

lol I hope not, as I've been buying beers for many people's posts that I liked/enjoyed !!

I swear I used to have both options, beer and down votes.

CDC is turning into everybody's mother! If you don't have anything nice to say....don't say anything at all lol

Archived