The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Habs 4:00PM PST SNP/SN650

Odd.

Just now, AllWeatherFan said:

Getting that output for 2m makes me feel 10x worse about what we're getting for the 6m being paid to a certain other Canuck winger. 

we don't pay the bills and Erickson plays hard, just seems to have not 'fit in offensively'.....he's still a valuable player and its not like that money would have been spent elsewhere....many wanted Lucic that year, could be alot worse. At least Erickson will be tradeable in some form in  2 years, Lucic will be even slower and Edm stuck with that contract.

17 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

(1.) we don't pay the bills and Erickson plays hard, (2.) just seems to have not 'fit in offensively'.....he's still a valuable player and its not like that money would have been spent elsewhere....many wanted Lucic that year, (3.) could be alot worse. At least Erickson will be tradeable in some form in  2 years, Lucic will be even slower and Edm stuck with that contract.

1. Of course we don't pay the bills - not sure why that matters. As a fan of the team I want as much value as possible from those taking up large amounts of cap space. 

2. That's a massive understatement. 

3. True. But sad that that's our only consolation with four seasons remaining after this one. 

12 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

we don't pay the bills and Erickson plays hard, just seems to have not 'fit in offensively'.....he's still a valuable player and its not like that money would have been spent elsewhere....many wanted Lucic that year, could be alot worse. At least Erickson will be tradeable in some form in  2 years, Lucic will be even slower and Edm stuck with that contract.

Loui doesn’t bring anything to our team at the moment. I agree that Lucic wouldn’t have been much better. We need to let him  focus on whatever good he can bring to the team ( fourth line and penalty kill minutes ) If he shows any signs of life then move him up . Let other younger players get the quality minutes. 

13 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

1. Of course we don't pay the bills - not sure why that matters. As a fan of the team I want as much value as possible from those taking up large amounts of cap space. 

2. That's a massive understatement. 

3. True. But sad that that's our only consolation with four seasons remaining after this one. 

point is cap space has no bearing on you or I

the point on that cap space was what was the alternative that year, JB needed to add a scoring winger, it was him or Lucic. So to say 'taking up large amounts of cap space' - needs to consider alternatives -cap space for the sake of unused cap space does nothing for  the team. Sure its flexibilty, but by the time the team needs that flexibility (2 years) they will be able to move him as his salary is lower and some team needing to reach the floor will take him (and that's assuming he doesn't find his game, which I don't think is lost - he had a good start to the season and was playing well with Granny and Sutter until Sutter got hurt). As a 2b / third line that's a pretty good line

To say we're better off without him, well probably not, sure he's not playing to his contract but he's been a very important part of the veteran group defensively, plays hard and irrespective of results offensively, still contributes to the team positively in his own end, on the Pk (and clearly this helps the young guys learn) and there is always the chance his scoring touch comes back. Again, I am not saying that is worth the 6.5 mil cap hit or what ever it is but to say he's no contributing is an exaggeration.

He has under performed offensively 100% and he's paid for that offensive game I completely agree, but many fans use his salary and cap hit as some weapon against him when in reality, that cap and salary is not paid by us, and would have likely gone to Lucic (worse off) or been used on nothing -which again has no bearing then.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

I didn't state that. Don't even know what they cost, at this point in time. Don't really care either, tbh

well that's the only place we pay for anything - so yes you didn't state it, but you implied it

are we paying erickson's salary by buying hot dogs at save on foods? or popcorn at cineplex? clearly that's your point which you are now trying to back out of lol

smh

Archived