The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Hicketts Recalled by Red Wings

Roberts

I am a big Hicketts fan, awesome for him!

Was praying for the Canucks to take him with our last pick in the 7th round 2014, They took MacKenzie Stewart instead. :(

Kronwall after watching him at his first training camp asked if he was the Wings 1st round pick! 

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

I am a big Hicketts fan, awesome for him!

Was praying for the Canucks to take him with our last pick in the 7th round 2014, They took MacKenzie Stewart instead. :(

Kronwall after watching him at his first training camp asked if he was the Wings 1st round pick! 

Is that true?! That's insane!

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's also 5'8" and 177 lbs. We need, big, fast, skilled, and tough as nails. I wish him all the best though. 

He’s diminutive yes but at that height 177 is pretty stocky. I don’t know if you’ve seen him in person but he’s built like a cannonball and plays like one too.

We've got our own Joe Hicketts and his name is Troy Stecher.

That said, I'm happy for him. Shocked he was never drafted. Glad he's been able to battle his way to the NHL this fast. No doubt he'll stick on the Red Wings blueline in the next season or two (and beyond).

Like a previous poster said, it would have been great had the Canucks selected him over Mackenze Stewart but, alas, that wasnt meant to be.

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As I said there's nothing wrong with smaller players. It's just clear from last night we need get get bigger, faster, and more skilled. 

This. Skill is important. Skill with size is important. Jets would smash us in a series. This team is way too soft and loses way too many puck and board battles.

Archived