The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] UFAS

Mark Stone, right age, nice stats, team guy, 6 foot 3,  fits perfectly with what we are trying to do here.  Ticks the boxes for me.

Patrick Maroon, a little older, will offer some deterrent for those who think its ok to run Brock head first, can score as well, big body.

Ill take these two over another year of the twins please.

11 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Mark Stone, right age, nice stats, team guy, 6 foot 3,  fits perfectly with what we are trying to do here.  Ticks the boxes for me.

Patrick Maroon, a little older, will offer some deterrent for those who think its ok to run Brock head first, can score as well, big body.

Ill take these two over the another year of the twins please.

These guys and there is also Kane too. I am OK with any of these and that leaves us with Cap Space to spare too. Stick these guys with our young guys I am seeing a team being built right there.

Stone is a RFA.  But I'd be very interested in having him on our team - he'd be like Kane, with better scoring and without the drama.

Maroon is intriguing too (and really is a UFA) but he's nowhere the level of Stone.  He's a decent player, but his stats are being heavily padded thanks to McJesus.

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Stone is a RFA.  But I'd be very interested in having him on our team - he'd be like Kane, with better scoring and without the drama.

that would be nice.... maybe a possible move back to us in a deal for Guddy?

15 minutes ago, 420BEAR said:

That's a hard NO to Maroon. The guy is brutally slow, and getting slower buy the day. The only reason he has put up any points at all is because McDouch. 

The guy has 11 more goals than our buddy Gaunce this year and will actually step up for team mates. If Maroon was on the ice when Brock got nailed , lewis would have gotten the crap beat  out of him. I'm not saying sign Maroon to a 5 year deal but for the right money this guy is on my team much like DD was.

41 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

The guy has 11 more goals than our buddy Gaunce this year and will actually step up for team mates. If Maroon was on the ice when Brock got nailed , lewis would have gotten the crap beat  out of him. I'm not saying sign Maroon to a 5 year deal but for the right money this guy is on my team much like DD was.

You are correct in that we need a DD replacement. I guy who can pot a few points on occasion is a plus. This idea is looking better and better the more you look at it.

Isn’t he an RFA? He’d command a salary that would require us to forfeit our 1rst rounder in 2019. I’d love Mark Stone but I don’t know if I’m ready to gamble and say we’re in the playoffs next year. I remember when Toronto did this and instead of offer sheeting traded two future first rounders. A 2nd overall which became Tyler Seguin and a 10th overall that became Dougie Hamilton.

1 hour ago, garthsbutcher said:

A few quotes in the Province.

“I talked to (Trevor Lewis) a bit out there. I let him know I was out there. But he also had his hand taped so he couldn’t fight (or risk taking a match penalty).” — Jake Virtanen

“I know a couple of guys went up to (Lewis) to make amends,” said defenceman Michael Del Zotto. “(Lewis) hurt his hand. That’s why there wasn’t a fight there. It didn’t go unnoticed. Guys were willing to step up.”

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be nice.... maybe a possible move back to us in a deal for Guddy?

What possible reason would Ottawa have to trade away a point a game RFA for a pending UFA defencman?  They’re currently sitting 3rd last in the league. Gudbranson literally has zero value to them. 

1 hour ago, garthsbutcher said:

Guy would have 8 fewer goals on any other team. I could score goals playing with McJesus.

15 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sign Kane, bring tryamkin back and play Labate on the fourth line. Thats a decent amount of tough for next year.

Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Eriksson-Bo-Gagner

Sedins-Sutter

Granlund-Gaudette-Labate

Goldy

Juolevi-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stetcher

Pouliot-Del Zotto

Tryamkin is under contract for another 2 seasons after this year.  Very unlikely he’s back with the Canucks next season considering he left voluntarily and he’d have to personally buy out his own contract. 

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Gaunce is making far less than Maroon too. Lol

Maroon has 13 goals at 1.5 million and they actually are real goals, Gaunce makes 750k for two goals , one of his ass and one from the blooper real for funniest shot of the year. Ill take Maroon, you can have Gaunce.

Archived