The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] BUF and VAN

Boeser + Hutton/Del Zotto for Rasmus Ristolainen and 2018 1st. 

That increases the Canucks odds for more Rasmus as in Rasmus Dahlin.

Joulevi-Ristolanien

Dahlin-Gudbranson

Edler-Stecher

Tanev traded for picks at the deadline.  If you don't get Dahlin then you almost certainly get Adam Boqvist.  Maybe you get both and then I simply melt down.

Boeser is awesome like really really awesome, but this is a very nice deal for the Canucks.  Ristolanien has a monster shot from the point.  Salo+++++

3 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I love both responses.  One ridiculous to the idea of Buffalo doing it the other incensed at the idea of trading Boeser.  I guess its a good trade.

It's really not. You only made this proposal because Boeser was the all star MVP and to get a reaction out of Canucks fans.

To be fair, it's easier to find an excellent winger than it is to find an excellent d-man.  

Problem is that with Buffalo being in 2nd place, they have a 12.5% chance whereas we are currently sitting at a 9.5% chance. Not that much of an improvement - even though I think the lower you are the higher of a pick you are actually guaranteed?

Regardless, it sends the wrong message.  Boeser is a stand-up guy and an enormous talent, and getting rid of him would basically tell players (especially in college) that we have no loyalty to the players we draft.  Besides that, Ristolinen is already signed to many years.  We'd be responsible for that right away, and it would play unfavourably against us when it comes time to sign up our currently-prospects--but-then-experienced players.

Interesting idea, mind you.

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

It's really not. You only made this proposal because Boeser was the all star MVP and to get a reaction out of Canucks fans.

with everyone always screaming about asset management.  This is it by definition.  Boeser stock literally can't be higher.  This proposal is lopsided no doubt in favor of the Canucks, but these are the moments when you can make deals like this. 

I know there is a zero percent chance of it happening because HOPE is more important than results, but its just an idea.  There is way too many aggressive responses as if I have some kind of power to make this happen. 

It's forum, relax, the question is what is Boeser worth in a trade?

with everyone always screaming about asset management.  This is it by definition.  Boeser stock literally can't be higher.  This proposal is lopsided no doubt in favor of the Canucks, but these are the moments when you can make deals like this. 

I know there is a zero percent chance of it happening because HOPE is more important than results, but its just an idea.  There is way too many aggressive responses as if I have some kind of power to make this happen. 

It's forum, relax, the question is what is Boeser worth in a trade?

Boeser is basically untradeable . There is no precedent for a rookie who is talks for the Calder to be traded. So this is 100% based on opinion. 

And in my opionion...

Frankly a 12.5% chance at Dahlin and an upgrade on defence is not worth it 

6 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

If Boston came by and offered you Pasternak and Krug for our 1st round pick and joulevi would you take it? Yeah not worth it

This proposal is bad for both sides. 

that's a solid deal from the Canucks standpoint.  I wouldn't do Dahlin/Boqvist and Joulevi for Krug and Pasternak, but I would do just about anyone else and Joulevi for that package.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Boeser is basically untradeable . There is no precedent for a rookie who is talks for the Calder to be traded. So this is 100% based on opinion. 

And in my opionion...

Frankly a 12.5% chance at Dahlin and an upgrade on defence is not worth it 

I believe Eric Lindros got traded for a massive haul.  One that setup Colorado for a decade.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

that's a solid deal from the Canucks standpoint.  I wouldn't do Dahlin/Boqvist and Joulevi for Krug and Pasternak, but I would do just about anyone else and Joulevi for that package.

That’s just it though. You’re asking Buffalo to give up dahlin/boqvist and ristolinen (higher value asset than joulevi) for a package that is relatively comporable to boeser/hutton. If you wouldn’t be willing to do it, why would they?

I believe Eric Lindros got traded for a massive haul.  One that setup Colorado for a decade.

I believe that trade was requested by Lindros. 

If boeser starts demanding to be traded, this proposal would Be very good for vancouverVancouver

2 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

That’s just it though. You’re asking Buffalo to give up dahlin/boqvist and ristolinen (higher value asset than joulevi) for a package that is relatively comporable to boeser/hutton. If you wouldn’t be willing to do it, why would they?

I believe that trade was requested by Lindros. 

If boeser starts demanding to be traded, this proposal would Be very good for vancouverVancouver

You would think the Canucks would get more if he wasn't demanding a trade.  Although that's debatable.

I get it that its not equal value.  Hype and perceived value are very influential in decision making.  The hype train on Boeser is insane.  He is an amazing player.  Heck he could even score 40 this year which would be unbelievable, but how do you say no to Risotlanien and a 1st if that is possible?  I have no idea if it is.  I also don't know what fair market value is for him.  Its just a fun question.  I believe this is the very point of the message board.  I don't think a discussion about trading Vanek for a 3rd or a 4th or 5th is all that interesting.  I am sure you would agree.

Its not like its going to happen, but its no like any of these proposals ever do.  Its just a thought exercise for fun.

5 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

You would think the Canucks would get more if he wasn't demanding a trade.  Although that's debatable.

I get it that its not equal value.  Hype and perceived value are very influential in decision making.  The hype train on Boeser is insane.  He is an amazing player.  Heck he could even score 40 this year which would be unbelievable, but how do you say no to Risotlanien and a 1st if that is possible?  I have no idea if it is.  I also don't know what fair market value is for him.  Its just a fun question.  I believe this is the very point of the message board.  I don't think a discussion about trading Vanek for a 3rd or a 4th or 5th is all that interesting.  I am sure you would agree.

Its not like its going to happen, but its no like any of these proposals ever do.  Its just a thought exercise for fun.

I see what you mean. I just have a hard time separating the person from the player if that makes any sense

like on paper the trade is in favour of the Canucks, but at the same time these are people were talking about. The impact this would have on boeser and ristolinen and the Canucks locker room and the fan base, seems like it would cause more problems than two stud defensemen would solve. Which is why, if boeser were demanding a trade, this would make sense because those negative impacts would be void. 

Basically, on paper (or on NHL 18) good trade. In real life though, too many unknowable variables that could makes this trade into a franchise ruiner. 

Archived