The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

42 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Foote is worth more than the 7th overall.  He's ready to join the big club this season, after a monster Jr season.  Johnson is a solid C who puts up points.  Yeah, I'd rather have Brayden Point than Johnson, but TB ain't gonna do that.

So let's here what you think is a fair trade.

How about we dont make a trade with TB at all? Unless they are willing to part with a 2019 1st rounder?

42 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Foote is worth more than the 7th overall.  He's ready to join the big club this season, after a monster Jr season.  Johnson is a solid C who puts up points.  Yeah, I'd rather have Brayden Point than Johnson, but TB ain't gonna do that.

So let's here what you think is a fair trade.

I don't think Cal Foote will be have the potential of some of the D that will be available at 7. Easy pass for us

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s 28!  Why would we give up valuable futures for him?  I could see (maybe?) Sutter straight one for one, but nothing involving any of our youth or picks.  

The comment was a trade involving Tanev and Johnson... not picks or futures.

7 minutes ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Huge loss for Van on that trade in my opinion have watched lots of Foote and I just can't see him being anywhere close to a good dman in the NHL

I beg to differ

he is very calm and and plays a good positional game. He uses his body well to hold the play in the ozone and to protect the puck

however I thought he looked a tad bit lazy at times

i see him as an anchor type second pairing

a trade of

tanev 2018, 2019 second

Cal Foote and Johnson

1 hour ago, combover said:

his Contract and ability to log huge minutes makes him more valuable than a mere 2nd. That doesn’t even get into the shot suppression stats on a terrible team. 

Offers have to start somewhere usually low you can always offer more. And might get lucky that a sucker takes the lowball first offer.

Didn’t jim trade a 2nd for linden vey..........I guess jim starts high.lol.

Ya Jim  traded are 50th overall pick to Los Angeles for vey. Ya that was bad lol 

I like tb as a trade partner because they have an abundance of assets to work with but they already have a top 8 d

hedman-stralman

mcdonagh-girardi

sergechev-coburn

Koekkoek(RFA)-dotchin

Unless they move girardi or coburn in another move one of which will have to be coming back the other way in any tanev trade

to tb: tanev, granlund, baertschi

to van: Johnson, coburn, Foote, callahan 

It’s an ambitious 7 player deal but I like a good blockbuster ::D   

Tb frees up lots of cap space to sign kuch 

5 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

I heard also NYI as a 3rd team inquiring about Tanev, anyone here know what they can offer in trade value?

Pulock. I would do Tanev for Pulock and a second in a heartbeat. I'd even go Pulock and a third or fourth.

9 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I would do that to but why would they get rid of Pulock? 

Who knows maybe they want us to take on Ladds or Mayfields contract and give us one of their 2 1st round picks, one can dream right haha

nm just saw Ladds contract on cap friendly dear god why did Garth Snow sign him to this contract??  5 years at $5.5 not including signing bonuses egads

Archived