The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

On 14/06/2018 at 6:02 AM, SingleThorn said:

Agree 100% !

In another thread, you commented on our 'glaring hole at rhd'. I assumed (.......one should never assume ) that you were anti Tanev, so now I'm confused. If we have Tanev, Stecher and Gudbranson ( spare Pouliot ) where is the 'glaring hole' ?

Thats my bad I was meaning to say Lhd with a real good shot.  Thanks for that. :)

On 14/06/2018 at 4:25 PM, aGENT said:

He's not undervalued.

-We're rebuilding. He has trade value (because he's valued ironically) for futures, that we need.

-He's injured a lot, limiting his usefulness and increasingly diminishing the above ^^^ point.

-IMO, he has no desire to re-sign here and will be looking to head East when he reaches UFA.

I think tanev is worth a late 1 round pick and at least a (b) prospect. If not then at the lowest  a mid to late  1st round. If we don't get that the I would not trade him. Thats just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

I really wanna know the asking and the offers. 

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well that's interesting. Even a trade centered around a first on next year's draft (in Van City) would be neat.

Love the guy, but he's always injured; which is likely why he's being shopped in the first place, and also why the offers are so low.

I know we've seen everything from a first +liljegren +roster player, to a second kicked around here. What would you guys realistically accept?

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Love the guy, but he's always injured; which is likely why he's being shopped in the first place, and also why the offers are so low.

I know we've seen everything from a first +liljegren +roster player, to a second kicked around here. What would you guys realistically accept?

Realistically. I would want a 15 - 31 first as the primary piece. Or a young dman that is coming into his own as the primary piece. Like Pulock out of the Islanders. Heck I would do a Pulock and a fourth for Tanev. 

23 minutes ago, rekker said:

Well that's interesting. Even a trade centered around a first on next year's draft (in Van City) would be neat.

Figure out some way to get that Ottawa 1st from Colorado, it's gon' be gold.  Maybe even go bigger, try to work in Barrie.

7OA + Tanev + Goldobin for Barrie + Ottawa 1st 2019 + 2018 4th

Colorado gets up into the lotto picks this year, pairs up (RW) Goldy with Yakupov, saves $1mil cap in the D-swap.

Canucks get their RHS PMD/PPQB and another local boy, recover the 4th for Pouliot, and super-splash the Vancouver 2019 draft.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Figure out some way to get that Ottawa 1st from Colorado, it's gon' be gold.  Maybe even go bigger, try to work in Barrie.

7OA + Tanev + Goldobin for Barrie + Ottawa 1st 2019 + 2018 4th

Colorado gets up into the lotto picks this year, pairs up (RW) Goldy with Yakupov, saves $1mil cap in the D-swap.

Canucks get their RHS PMD/PPQB and another local boy, recover the 4th for Pouliot, and super-splash the Vancouver 2019 draft.

Lol. If your gonna dream. Dream big. 

Archived