The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

52 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

they are using Tanev's injury history to low ball us. JB aint playing that game! :emot-parrot:

Hilarious post.

23 minutes ago, OlliJuolevi said:

Trade Tanev for some picks. Then flip some picks and put a package together for Noah Hanifin.

Then hopefully JB throws big money at John Carlson 

Guys, what do you think Tanev's value in picks?  

49 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hilarious post.

Guys, what do you think Tanev's value in picks?  

i'd be perfectly fine with a 1st and a 2nd...hell even throw in Martin so Guddy doesn't have to kick his ass anymore B)

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

i'd be perfectly fine with a 1st and a 2nd...hell even throw in Martin so Guddy doesn't have to kick his ass anymore B)

What about more quantity of picks. lets say Jim prefers 2nds and 3rds. how many of each would you ask for? (lets pretend he has his eye on a few guys in this years draft in the 2nd/3rd rounds and wants a pick or two for next year in Vancouver)

Just now, Rush17 said:

What about more quantity of picks. lets say Jim prefers 2nds and 3rds. how many of each would you ask for? (lets pretend he has his eye on a few guys in this years draft in the 2nd/3rd rounds and wants a pick or two for next year in Vancouver)

two 2nds a 3rd and a project prospect would be good too. I just dont want us to take any salary back.

Tanev is a very good top 4 dman on any team ..    If he's not counted on the be a top pairing guy , Im guessing he's not as injury prone .. 

There is no way he is traded for a second round pick that may never play a game in the pros . 

You don't trade a player like Tanev unless your getting a first back .

7 minutes ago, Qwags said:

It is worth noting that the majority of Tanev's injuries are one-offs. Might want to play that up, JB.

Yeah.  If my memory serves me right.  We have had more injuries since Mike Burnstein was relieved in 2015.  I'm trying to recall the exact date for that article i mentioned a few pages back. 

53 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

Tanev is a very good top 4 dman on any team ..    If he's not counted on the be a top pairing guy , Im guessing he's not as injury prone .. 

There is no way he is traded for a second round pick that may never play a game in the pros . 

You don't trade a player like Tanev unless your getting a first back .

First or a sure fire player. I agree a second is a long shot lottery ticket. Rather keep Tanev. 

31 minutes ago, rekker said:

First or a sure fire player. I agree a second is a long shot lottery ticket. Rather keep Tanev. 

Yeah. I'd be happy even with two seconds and a third.  low return but i'm confident Jim can make something of those picks.

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah. I'd be happy even with two seconds and a third.  low return but i'm confident Jim can make something of those picks.

Please tell us you're not serious.......Tanev is the possibly the most dependable player on the team (when healthy.....I realize the contradiction here). Regardless, you don't trade him away for scraps at the draft.  Benning may be a shrewd drafter but he's still gambling every time he hits the podium.  Tanev should fetch a mid-first rounder.  I just hope Bieksa's still out there telling the story of how Tanev skates like he has a smoke in his mouth......priceless.

Since the value of this year's 1st Rd draft picks are sky high right now, perhaps GMJB could get a 2019 1st Rd pick instead. More of a gamble I know, but it could pay off if that team has an Ottawa like fall off. If not, a 1st Rd pick is a 1st Rd pick in another good draft year.

One lightning fan on the hf board said this:

Will probably be Tyler Johnson, Koekkoek/Dotchin, and a pick or another prospect.

That would be one hell of a return lol.  Seems to much. Jim would be GM of the year conversation with that one lol. 

Tampa has more of what we need so I prefer them as trade partners. Leafs have 1 RHD who the fans refuse to move lol. They have no proven offensive centers for trade.  Toronto can to elsewhere lol

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Will probably be Tyler Johnson, Koekkoek/Dotchin, and a pick or another prospect.

That would be one hell of a return lol.  Seems to much. Jim would be GM of the year conversation with that one lol. 

Tampa has more of what we need so I prefer them as trade partners. Leafs have 1 RHD who the fans refuse to move lol. They have no proven offensive centers for trade.  Toronto can to elsewhere lol

I'd certainly prefer he goes to Tampa. Slotting Tanev into that d-group would be great for them, look at what Tanev can do for a bad team. 

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any idea of what Koekkoek or Dotchin could bring to the team?  Tried looking at season reviews of these guys or latest info but see that they were just buried on the depth chart and when they did play they were used sparingly.  I see Koekkoek went through a few shoulder surgeries and as a result went up and down between the AHL and NHL but when he was used in the AHL he was one of their farm teams strongest dmen who played very well on the PK for their team.  

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Question. when did our rash of injuries start? was it start of willie? torts got our guys hurt from overplaying them but the team in general. anyone recall?

I'd say bure's first knee knee surgery is when the canucks started their run of injuries. 

12 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Any idea of what Koekkoek or Dotchin could bring to the team?  Tried looking at season reviews of these guys or latest info but see that they were just buried on the depth chart and when they did play they were used sparingly.  I see Koekkoek went through a few shoulder surgeries and as a result went up and down between the AHL and NHL but when he was used in the AHL he was one of their farm teams strongest dmen who played very well on the PK for their team.  

Koek is a former 10th Overall pick from 2012 who hasn't really lived up to expectations.(year before Bo's draft) and dotchin according to the radio played with Hedman at times this past year.  

Think koek is more well rounded and dotchin is more offensively inclined. I could be mistaken tho on the last sentence. I don't watch a lot of Tampa.  Dotchin was a 6th round pick from the same draft as koek 2012.

Im not sure who's better. I'd like to see us take Callahan's contract and ship them Sutter with Tanev.  Callahan has 2 years left at 5.8 mill. He primarily is a bottom 6 kinda fiurttt liner guy these days. He could be a good mentor and leader for the kids.  He would essentially replace Sutter's leadership. Callahan is 33.

Archived