The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Avs

xereau

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

If that were true, I don't see why TLJB would refuse Green's desire for Archie to make the team. He brought energy in preseason, but wasn't it the game against Calgary where his own zone d-play was shown to be lacking against a pre-season team?  

Perhaps we're both arguing heresay, but I'm of the belief that Archibald went back to Utica and busted his ass to earn what he now has. I'm happy to be proven wrong if you have evidence to the contrary, though.

I think the situation was that Green wasn't entirely sold on Dorset being 100% able to play again, and he thought they should sign Archibald as an insurance player in case Dors' wasn't good to go.

That's speculation on my end though. Archibald did have a game where his d-zone coverage was really bad.

Archibald definitely went back and made a statement though. Kudos to him for not giving up on the dream, whatever the circumstances were.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I understand what Green is doing not saying it's wrong but have disagreed with some, but like fans and I think Benning too, just want to see them play and see if they're really worth being a player for the future or not. Their play will show with more minutes and it will make it a lot more clear who really needs more time and who maybe is ready or close to it.

I hear ya, I'm just saying that we don't have many (any?) guys who aren't already up here that can uproot who we do have. Gaudette and Pettersson are the next 2 forwards and they can't join us for obvious reasons.  

As far as minutes are concerned, Virtanen playing about 10 minutes per game was frustrating, but only because he wasn't playing good enough to warrant more ice time. For me, something clicked for him near the end of January and his increase in minutes is a direct result of his approaching the game differently than he did the first 1/2 - 2/3 of the year. That's a Green success more than failure.  

I get wanting to see if players fit in right now, but I think JB and the coaching staff here and Utica have a pretty firm grasp on who's ready and who isn't.  

Case in point: fans all year calling for Demko despite his not being NHL ready, which was recently confirmed by Cull.

3 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

WTF!!! Giving a D man for a plugger..and then getting another Plug and slow has been for Vanek....JB you should be fired cause you are one of the worst deal makers of all time...looks like you forgot everything you learne in Boston...just look at Boston....FFS...

oh and the NUCKS will lose today

Are you lost? This isn't hfboards 

42 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I think the situation was that Green wasn't entirely sold on Dorset being 100% able to play again, and he thought they should sign Archibald as an insurance player in case Dors' wasn't good to go.

That's speculation on my end though. Archibald did have a game where his d-zone coverage was really bad.

Archibald definitely went back and made a statement though. Kudos to him for not giving up on the dream, whatever the circumstances were.

Probably more Archibald vs Burmistrov.  Archibald told media that he had talked to Green at the end of camp and said it wasn't Green's decision but of the higher ups.

Just now, mll said:

Probably more Archibald vs Burmistrov.  Archibald told media that he had talked to Green at the end of camp and said it wasn't Green's decision but of the higher ups.

Ah, right.

Well, I guess all worked out in the end because Burmistrov was wank and bolted. Now Archi is here to bless us.

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

Beef Rouladen is slow braising right now in gravy.  Stuffed with mushrooms and paleo (nut) bread.

Killer. That's the first thing my old German sous chef taught me how to cook that wasn't on the menu back in the day. Paleo bread means no spaetzle due to gluten? Picked up FSWY and am going to ramp up my baking game.

1 minute ago, BananaMash said:

Ah, right.

Well, I guess all worked out in the end because Burmistrov was wank and bolted. Now Archi is here to bless us.

Maybe Granlund would have had a different season - as it was he ended up being the only option to play on that line with Sutter-Dorsett.  Gagner/Vanek have questionable defence and there was still hope that Eriksson could find his offence plus he got injured early.  

Archived