The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fine] Marchand fined for embellishment

joe-max

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

$2000 is nothing; it's about the equivalent of $20-$50 for the average income earner, but it's nice to see something happen anyways. 

The schedule of fines, if anyone is interested:

Fines are assessed to players on a graduated scale outlined below:

Citation, Player Fine(s)

1, Warning
2, $2,000
3, $3,000
4, $4,000
5, $5,000
6, $5,000
7, $5,000
8, $5,000

JR SIMTH got fines $85000 for un tieing and players shoe, the NHL fine system is a joke

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Kind of looks like Marchand (The loser Rat fink) got the old 'can opener' put to him there.  Shouldn't have been a fine.  

That was actually my initial reaction when I first saw this, but watching it over and over again he did sell it a bit at the end, wasn't much actually kind of shocked the NHL did react to it I've seen much worse, but still it's the rat so all good!

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

$2000 is nothing; it's about the equivalent of $20-$50 for the average income earner, but it's nice to see something happen anyways. 

The schedule of fines, if anyone is interested:

Fines are assessed to players on a graduated scale outlined below:

Citation, Player Fine(s)

1, Warning
2, $2,000
3, $3,000
4, $4,000
5, $5,000
6, $5,000
7, $5,000
8, $5,000

I'd be cheesed if I got fined $20-$50 lol.   

Few more years and he will be history. Can't wait to see younger generations show him up. Just like he did to the sedins... some punk is gonna come on into the league & show him it's a new league. Till than ... 

Rat on. 

(Pro-divers happening this spring. Players featured in The NBA & NHL playoffs) 

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Marchand isn't concerned though. :sadno:

“That hit is very small and minor. It’s the last thing I’m going to worry about. I don't care about this. It’s a joke. It’s a small amount of money and pretty stupid. But it is what it is.”

The amount is too small. He is right about that.

Ratface makes me wish Matt Cooke is still in this league, on our team, at his best (worst).

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Marchand in today's game takes out Duclair who left the game with an injury

There seems to be some debate on other sites as to whether or not this was intentional.

I would say that there is no doubt that Marchand tries to get a good piece of Duclair instead of brbracing for the impact.

3 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

There seems to be some debate on other sites as to whether or not this was intentional.

I would say that there is no doubt that Marchand tries to get a good piece of Duclair instead of brbracing for the impact.

It obviously wasn't intentional to start with but agree he got a good piece of him after, like why is Marchands hand arm going around Duclair's head....

When your captain pulls garbage like this, it creates a culture where the bovine feces Marchand pulls is accepted by his team:

Chara-Dive8934.gif

It's time the NHL started only penalizing the dive instead of taking off the player with the original infraction as well.  There's really no downside for gutless pukes like this to go down easier than a Tijuana hooker the way things stand.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:19 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Even Henrik has been guilty.

SEDIN.gif

Was this before or after Marchand used Hank's face as a punching bag, if it's after I'll defend it more cause clearly the only way you get a call anymore is if you sell it. If it's before, I will shame Hank hard cause he shoulda did more of that in the Stanley Cup final, maybe we woulda won.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Was this before or after Marchand used Hank's face as a punching bag, if it's after I'll defend it more cause clearly the only way you get a call anymore is if you sell it. If it's before, I will shame Hank hard cause he shoulda did more of that in the Stanley Cup final, maybe we woulda won.

Marchand used Daniel's face as a punching bag. Not sure when this was, but I'm thinking that it might have been after, and Henrik basically realized that if everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't he?

Archived