The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT (Gaudette's Debut Thread), Mar. 29, 7pm vs Oilers

yes we can nucks

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Love seeing these videos.  Get all choked up when I see the parents so happy for their boy and the emotions boiling over.

good on JB for not only recognizing a talented player but also one who seems like a good kid from a good family.  And a proper head of hockey hair.

Looks like they'll ease Gaudette in on the 4th line. Boucher-Gaudette-Virtanen. The Horvat route. I'd like to see him paired up with a guy like Granlund next year; someone who keeps it simple and always goes to the right areas. Maybe Jake is the perfect guy on that line to get in a force pucks to get turned over.

2 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

Looks like they'll ease Gaudette in on the 4th line. Boucher-Gaudette-Virtanen. The Horvat route. I'd like to see him paired up with a guy like Granlund next year; someone who keeps it simple and always goes to the right areas. Maybe Jake is the perfect guy on that line to get in a force pucks to get turned over.

Loving that he's gonna start with Virt, hopefully that'll stick and all can benefit. Good call by Greener and staff.

Expecting him to play about 14mins if those are his linemates. 

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I wonder where the connection to Selanne comes from?  Nothing jumps out at me, so it seems kind of random.  Nice words from one of the all-time greats for sure!

Selanne’s son Eetu plays/played for our school this year! 14 games if I recall, so he probably knows Gaudette through that. 

49 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

He’ll play on crutches!

JJ Daigneault was so inspired that he arrived on crutches at the entry draft when he was drafted by the Canucks.:P

(seriously though, he did end up with a fairly lengthy career at the NHL - just under 900 games!)

Archived