The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (C3) Minnesota Wild | Jets win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2018 at 11:30 PM

Idk why but Paul Romanuk's commentary really just isn't suited for hockey.  He lags behind the play by a few seconds when the play has already long past, constantly mixing players up (even players who aren't even on the ice) or just simply lacks the proper vocabulary to describe the current situation/play. 

"dazzling buccaneering effort"

"slips the deuce"

"goodly"

"stobied"

He literally is such a buzzkill, I had to turn to a different game because he makes listening to his commentary so painful.

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Idk why but Paul Romanuk's commentary really just isn't suited for hockey.  He lags behind the play by a few seconds when the play has already long past, constantly mixing players up (even players who aren't even on the ice) or just simply lacks the proper vocabulary to describe the current situation/play. 

"slips the deuce"

"goodly"

"stobied"

He literally is such a buzzkill, I had to turn to a different game because he makes listening to his commentary so painful.

I thought it what stiemied?

Has Winnipeg ever won a playoff series? I know once they moved to Arizona they won a couple but have the Winnipeg Jets won one as the Winnipeg Jets?

Had some good teams in the 80's but were always up against the Flames or Oilers, and I remember in the early 90's they had us on the ropes up 3-1 and we cameback to win the series.

20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I know, right? There are only two Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. You would think both of them would be telecasted on CBC, especially when the two teams play on different days.

Well here's a good example. I don't own cable I have a homemade antenna where I pick up free HD channels from Mount Seymour, so I get CBC, Global, CTV, Omni, couple Seattle and Bellingham channels anyways I thought for sure CBC being a Canadian broadcast not American it would show the one Canadian team that was playing yesterday, but that was not the case, really weird. I guess CBC thought Sidney Crosby was more important to Canada then cheering on a whole Canadian team.

14 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

"slips the deuce"

"goodly"

"stobied"

Slips the deuce? Hahahahahahaha!

4 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

Has Winnipeg ever won a playoff series? I know once they moved to Arizona they won a couple but have the Winnipeg Jets won one as the Winnipeg Jets?

Had some good teams in the 80's but were always up against the Flames or Oilers, and I remember in the early 90's they had us on the ropes up 3-1 and we cameback to win the series.

Pretty sure the Jets beat the Flames once in the 80s

5 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

Yes they did back in the day 84-85 they won their first series, 86-87 did the same thing, beat Calgary both times but lost to the Oilers both times by a sweep 4-0.

Archived