The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (C3) Minnesota Wild | Jets win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2018 at 11:30 PM

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This series really makes me think we need to get bigger and meaner.  

Yup, almost every team has been throwing some monster hits. Marner has been a target for the Bruins last game, good thing he's a fast and shifty player, cause he dodged a couple of big hits in Game 1.

Man the Jets are fun to watch. Especially Big Buff' and Laine.

It's kind of painful to imagine that we could have drafted Laine if the Canucks had a bit more luck at the draft. But still happy the Jets drafted him and not Toronto or Edmonton ^^

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

well they got big players that got speed and alot of smaller talent cant really do that without drafting and doing UFA signings.

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The scary thing with the Jets isn’t just big and tough. Their big and tough guys have a lot of skill as well. When you’ve got all 3, and in spades, you’re going to be a tough team to play against.

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so does this throw a wrench into all the folks that think "small and speedy" is the new NHL? the Wild have almost no one that can, or seems wiling to,  answer the bell and be physical back. 

We have been out of the playoffs for so long that people around here have totally forgotten what it really takes to compete in the post season.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

The scary thing with the Jets isn’t just big and tough. Their big and tough guys have a lot of skill as well. When you’ve got all 3, and in spades, you’re going to be a tough team to play against.

Yeah, I think more what i'm saying is, they don't just have big guys, they are big guys that like to play rough and tough.  It opens up space for the smaller guys and it also give them a bit of jump to not be afraid to mix it up a bit.  It's fun to watch, as much as i'm cheering for the jets, i almost feel a bit sorry for the wild.  haha

I look at our roster and don't see too many players with those 3 combos.  Pray that Jake continues to progress cuz were going to need him.  Looking at the draft, a guy like Brady Tkahcuk might not be a bad idea if the top skill D are off the board. 

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah, I think more what i'm saying is, they don't just have big guys, they are big guys that like to play rough and tough.  It opens up space for the smaller guys and it also give them a bit of jump to not be afraid to mix it up a bit.  It's fun to watch, as much as i'm cheering for the jets, i almost feel a bit sorry for the wild.  haha

I look at our roster and don't see too many players with those 3 combos.  Pray that Jake continues to progress cuz were going to need him.  Looking at the draft, a guy like Brady Tkahcuk might not be a bad idea if the top skill D are off the board. 

If not first overall, I’d be down for Tkachuk. If he’s gone, either Quinton Hughes or Ty Smith would be great investments.

13 hours ago, riffraff said:

We have been out of the playoffs for so long that people around here have totally forgotten what it really takes to compete in the post season.

Gotta get us a Marner and Nylander.  Need elite talent.  They're the 'next Blackhawks'!  

Those Virtanen and Gudbranson types are throwbacks - won't cut it in the playoffs in the modern NHL -- if the Canucks ever make the playoffs.  Dim Jim'z livin' in tha passed.

We need more double-flamingos.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Gotta get us a Marner and Nylander.  Need elite talent.  They're the 'next Blackhawks'!  

Those Virtanen and Gudbranson types are throwbacks - won't cut it in the playoffs in the modern NHL -- if the Canucks ever make the playoffs.  Dim Jim'z livin' in tha passed.

We need more double-flamingos.

Solace is taken knowing JB is covering his bases.

like,  I know nothing about Evander Kane.  Rumours? Truths?

somewhere in between?

either way you watch this guy right now, paired playing with Donskoi, (rough comparable to Jake for purpose of discussion) running amok through the ducks dzone (realizing no fowler) and it all becomes so obviously clear the type of player that wins.

A bit of a trying travel schedule for the Jets to get to Minneapolis.  MSP airport was shutdown yesterday afternoon due to poor visibility with the snow storms and the Jets were re-routed to Duluth.  They finally elected to return to Winnipeg for the night and should be on their way this morning.  

Archived