The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Season End Media Availability (Green, Linden, Benning, & Players)

Rush17

4 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Do either of you have any interest in coaching, management, scouting.....

"President". 

Linden ;) :

giphy.gif

I have to say it though. I am not impressed by Trevor Linden.

For instance, what he said about free agency seemed wooly and not entirely in tune with Jimbo.

I actually think Hank WOULD make a better PoHO.

On 08/04/2018 at 7:26 PM, Rush17 said:

Typically player availability is same day. But given the Sedins retirement it may be different this season. Trying to track down date / time of players availability.

Thanks for posting the vids, Rush. I had to be at the hospital yesterday for an emergency CT-scan which took a good part of the day. Got to watch all the vids when I got home. Thanks again :)

23 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Agreed, I didn't see anything unusual either. We all turn into Human Resources Psychs every year when these videos appear.

I noticed it in the body language more then anything.  Maybe I'm out of sync with things. The media wasn't doing anyone any favors. When Bo was asked about him being the future captain after a long line of Q's he had a grin on his face he was trying to conceal. He managed to cover it up but it appeared there for a good 3-5 seconds.

I think management wants a team approach and the older guys are trying to maintain expectations around Bo by saying they're confident they can lead as a committee.  I'm sure all those guys listened to Jim and Trevor a presser and I wouldn't be surprised if green spoke with them before. 

Thismedia craze of Bo is the next captain 100% even when the teams like "not likely we won't rule it out but not Likely".  Its just bananas. They and the twins when asked go first to lead by a group but the media refuses to give up on the narrative Bo is the twins successor lol. Its utter madness.  

Think I read somewhere hank got the C when he was like 30?  Naslund got a few years younger. There hasn't been a young captain on this team since Linden. Linden was a better player.  The noise around the media is deafening lol. I need earplugs because it's all their spitting oit.

3 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

Thanks for posting the vids, Rush. I had to be at the hospital yesterday for an emergency CT-scan which took a good part of the day. Got to watch all the vids when I got home. Thanks again :)

Sorry to hear. Glad you got some value out of the teams content. Hope you are doing alright.   

Like the young forward group that is coming next year...however, for them to take flight, JB needs to fix the "D"....OJ and possibly Tryamkin coming sooner than later could help with the tire fire...possibly a trade or picking up a UFA that has upside could also help.

Liked TG's straight forward comments about Hutton and Pouliout...also, including Stecher as part of the leadership group was a good comment.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Sorry to hear. Glad you got some value out of the teams content. Hope you are doing alright.   

thanks man. Fluid in my left lung and a possible blood clot as well. See the doc tomorrow for the hopefully good news.

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Like the young forward group that is coming next year...however, for them to take flight, JB needs to fix the "D"....OJ and possibly Tryamkin coming sooner than later could help with the tire fire...possibly a trade or picking up a UFA that has upside could also help.

Liked TG's straight forward comments about Hutton and Pouliout...also, including Stecher as part of the leadership group was a good comment.

There is new Juolevi news on his thread. Just posted it.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

It's a pity Biega started so long in the A. He comes over as an ideal leader to me but he probably feels he is still fortunate just to be here.

Great to hear DD getting praised for what most of us suspected  - that he was a a strong leader on and off the ice. I wish we could find a place for him in the org. There are not many players who come to a team having established their name and themselves on other teams and yet show the leadership and gain the respect over such a short time as DD did.

I suspect he will become a very good coach down the line - maybe for us in Utica.

13 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

thanks man. Fluid in my left lung and a possible blood clot as well. See the doc tomorrow for the hopefully good news.

That's no fun.  Yeah fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it will go well tho.  :) Enjoy the latest Canucks content well you wait. :)

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

It's a pity Biega started so long in the A. He comes over as an ideal leader to me but he probably feels he is still fortunate just to be here.

Great to hear DD getting praised for what most of us suspected  - that he was a a strong leader on and off the ice. I wish we could find a place for him in the org. There are not many players who come to a team having established their name and themselves on other teams and yet show the leadership and gain the respect over such a short time as DD did.

I suspect he will become a very good coach down the line - maybe for us in Utica.

Would love to have him help out with development camp this off season. Might be a good way to keep him involved and try out coaching and helping with team building.

9 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah, what a dumbass - attempting to get a coach to predict a timeline - "a plan" - for a playoff birth - in a league as competitive, and with as much parity as the NHL currently has - and with as young - with that much potential variance between growing quickly into a highly compeititive group - or being overmatched in the shorter run.   Essentially a relatively mindless question - and not surprising given the source.

Doesn't get it.

That said - one of the other regulars (whose name is slipping my mind at the moment) - asked some good questions of all of them (the guy that asked the Sedins the first question.....).

Jan Janower, I think.

While it would be easy to vilify the entire media in Vancouver, I think the main offenders really boil down to about 6 people in total.

Jason Botchford

Jeff Patterson

Ed Willes

Matt Sekeres

Blake Price

Dave Pratt

Farhan Lalji can be a bit of a clown at times, but has tapered off somewhat with his media weaseling.

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I liked Kuzma's questions a bit better too. Botch annoyed me with his baiting questions.

B*tch, baiting? Say it ain't so. No, no, I won't stand for that. He's a respected journalist asking hard hitting questions, and in no way attempting to manufacture some **** story or another. Nope. No way.

21 minutes ago, brownky said:

B*tch, baiting? Say it ain't so. No, no, I won't stand for that. He's a respected journalist asking hard hitting questions, and in no way attempting to manufacture some **** story or another. Nope. No way.

They were brutal yesterday.  Hard to watch.

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I liked Kuzma's questions a bit better too. Botch annoyed me with his baiting questions.

There is definitely a difference in the questions being asked. The tools like Botchford and Patterson always ask leading questions with assumptions built in. Glad to see that neither Green nor Benning are having any of it.

Linden is still too nice of a president, accommodating the media weasels way too much, which in turn tends to sow the seeds of confusion which the jackals pick up on.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is definitely a difference in the questions being asked. The tools like Botchford and Patterson always ask leading questions with assumptions built in. Glad to see that neither Green nor Benning are having any of it.

Linden is still too nice of a president, accommodating the media weasels way too much, which in turn tends to sow the seeds of confusion which the jackals pick up on.

Definitely a stark contrast in how Linden and Green handle the media. Linden seems very cautious and careful whereas Green just speaks his mind, but in a calculated and confident manner.

26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Definitely a stark contrast in how Linden and Green handle the media. Linden seems very cautious and careful whereas Green just speaks his mind, but in a calculated and confident manner.

That's called a few more years having to deal with the clown reporters questions lol.

Seriously though, Trevor actually probably gives out more info and soundbytes than Green does. Green is very forceful in what he says but really gives the same answer to every question if you watch him haha. 

"Players have to get better."

Yes thanks there coach who would have guessed that? Lol. It completely shuts down the ridiculous follow up questions too. Its brilliant.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Totally. Green doesn't tolerate questions from the press that are leading are implying. He's solidly in control of what he says and how it's perceived. There were times during that presser where he threw the question back at the media and refused to answer it because it was a dumb question.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally. Green doesn't tolerate questions from the press that are leading are implying. He's solidly in control of what he says and how it's perceived. There were times during that presser where he threw the question back at the media and refused to answer it because it was a dumb question.

Green is a boss lol. He's like I don't like your narrative so let's toss that away or re-write that. Its so refreshing that he stays in control.  Willie walked into a lot of landmines poor guy.

Archived