The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Season End Media Availability (Green, Linden, Benning, & Players)

Rush17

Travis Green - Trevor Linden - Jim Benning

Next up: The Players

Hank and Danny for the final time.

Sutter - Horvat - Edler - Markstrom 

Virtanen - Stecher - Del Zotto -  Gagner

Gudbranson - Baertschi - Tanev

Gaudette - Hutton

Please note Brock was unavailable at home seeing a doctor for his taped up wrist. They wantcto make sure he's 100% for next season.

Stay tuned for more videos as they become available.

:). Special thanks to @AlwaysACanuckFan for providing us tweets as the press conferences were under way!  

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Weirdly enough, this season feels like a success.

The kids ripping it up in their respective leagues, Boeser being even better than expected, the torch being passed, Virtanen finally getting it.

Lots of positives to take away from this season compared to last.  We've hit rock bottom and are starting to climb again.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Depends on your point of view. They did finish four points higher. 

Yeah, my hope was just to do better. Any sort of improvement, so I'm okay with this year.

On 2018-04-08 at 7:36 PM, -AJ- said:

I think it was,  Green gets to forge ahead with some determined and excited youth, and our farm, prospect pool is becoming something very positive.  I don’t think the franchise has ever looked this promising at the AHL level.

Im excited to see how Utica fairs in the playoffs, seems like they will get a couple of additions...   Not taking anything from Utica,  but boy I wish they were based out of Vancouver.   

41 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Ya its weird, we aren't exactly where we want to be picking considering we lost most of the year but it does feel like a good year!

Growth of players such as Virt, Brock and goldy has been exciting and we've had a lot of amazing prospects to watch! Exciting year coming thats for sure!

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it was,  Green gets to forge ahead with some determined and excited youth, and our farm, prospect pool is becoming something very positive.  I don’t think the franchise has looked this promising at the AHL level.

Im excited to see how Utica fairs in the playoffs, seems like they will get a couple of additions...   Not taking anything from Utica,  but boy I wish they were based out of Vancouver.   

When the contract expires with Utica or whatever the arrangements are it is time to move the farm here. California has seen a big growth with franchises in San Diego, Stockton, Ontario, *San Jose and Bakersfield. Meanwhile San Jose, Winnipeg and Toronto have their clubs in their hometowns.

Our club could fit nicely into the Pacific Division of the AHL playing out of Vancouver ( Coliseum or Rogers ) or Langley. I know I would attend more than a few games depending where they would play out of.....

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

When the contract expires with Utica or whatever the arrangements are it is time to move the farm here. California has seen a big growth with franchises in San Diego, Stockton, Ontario, *San Jose and Bakersfiled. Meanwhile San Jose, Winnipeg and Toronto have their clubs in their hometowns.

Our club could fit nicely into the Pacific Division of the AHL playing out of Vancouver ( Coliseum or Rogers ) or Langley. I know I would attend more than a few games depending where they would play out of.....

Too much travel on the west.  By staying out east they have much more training time. 

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

When the contract expires with Utica or whatever the arrangements are it is time to move the farm here. California has seen a big growth with franchises in San Diego, Stockton, Ontario, *San Jose and Bakersfield. Meanwhile San Jose, Winnipeg and Toronto have their clubs in their hometowns.

It's probably better for our kids to focus on playing hockey and not answering stupid questions from our media though.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I think it's because this team has a clear cut path. Or, at least, that's how it appears.

With our prospects ripping it up, there's reason for hope. With a coach both knows what he's doing and how to keep players in line, I think we'll see some success in the not to distant future.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

A lot of questions were answered this season. I think it helps with figuring our the correct direction for this team over the next couple years

Without full fledged HOF's anymore, our team has to be more workmanlike in their approach every game. Have 4 lines in a full court press strategy. 

Skill and speed combined with bulldog tenacity. Rolling 4 lines and wearing down opponents.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Feels mostly successful because of how kids played in other leagues more than the main team. Imo. Lol. I mean, positive that we'll get a fairly high pick I guess. I'd rather be eagerly awaiting playoff games than waiting for draft lottery day though.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The kids ripping it up in their respective leagues, Boeser being even better than expected, the torch being passed, Virtanen finally getting it.

Lots of positives to take away from this season compared to last.  We've hit rock bottom and are starting to climb again.

Archived