The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

1 hour ago, tbone909 said:

The announcers had England with the win with 66 minutes played after the second goal :)

Pickford was by far the man of the match. Would have been 3-2 Sweden if he wasn't in there.

When you are 2 goals ahead in a high level soccer game like the World Cup,  it is pretty guaranteed a win.   Yesterday Belgium was ahead of Brazil by 2 goals and they won.   The only team with a 2 goal lead that lost was Japan.   And that was the only time in KO phrase that a team with a 2 goal lead lose since 1970.

11 minutes ago, DonLever said:

When you are 2 goals ahead in a high level soccer game like the World Cup,  it is pretty guaranteed a win.   Yesterday Belgium was ahead of Brazil by 2 goals and they won.   The only team with a 2 goal lead that lost was Japan.   And that was the only time in KO phrase that a team with a 2 goal lead lose since 1970.

England v France Cup Final?

both teams like to press forward, so that could be a lot of fun.

4 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

He was never getting to it...

Not with that attitude.

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

That was the perfect strike. It couldn’t be rigged anymore than the nhl could be.

What does that mean? Both have shown corruption before, especially fifa.

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Not with that attitude.

What does that mean? Both have shown corruption before, especially fifa.

Lol well most of the NHL owners have mafia ties... so to say that everything is honest would be pretty naive. And FIFA has shown major corruption. However that play was just a nice shot. The goalie knew there was 0% chance he was getting to that. The only thing he had a chance of if he tried, was to injure himself.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 9:50 PM, nuckin_futz said:

That draw just looks so weird without Italy, USA, Netherlands, Chile and Cameroon.

That said........... Gooooooooooooooooooooooo England !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or break my heart again. I am prepared for both.

Better not have to play Argentina again.

Damn cheaters, "Hand of God" my arse.

Mark my word, England won't break your heart.

3 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

IT just so happens that european football was better this year than south american, asian and african football. Over 150 countries attempted to qualify from all over the world, and it just so happens european teams were better.

I think Europe id usually better the most watched tournament outside of the World Cup is the Euro for a reason.

The only reason more Euro teams don't make the World Cup is the restriction on qualifying spots.

The other countries need to get better before we have a true World Cup.

Only South America can challenge European sides and even then almost always come up short.

Archived