The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers shopping 10th OA. Eyeing Ryan Ellis.

HKSR

10 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

What team is not better without Tanev.  My point is that Tanev doesn't solve there biggest need.  The already have Tanev 2.0 with Larsson there's a reason why no one outside of Vancouver thinks they need another big name top 4 shutdown D.

We weren't talking biggest need.  We were talking Tanev vs Ellis before you jumped in.  Get with the program lol

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

We weren't talking biggest need.  We were talking Tanev vs Ellis before you jumped in.  Get with the program lol

We are talking Oilers shopping the 10oa for Ellis. You and a few others are the ones that inserted tanev into the conversation.  Heck it’s your thread and you still haven’t figured that out. Haha. 

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

We are talking Oilers shopping the 10oa for Ellis. You and a few others are the ones that inserted tanev into the conversation.  Heck it’s your thread and you still haven’t figured that out. Haha. 

Uhhh... you replied to a post within this thread between myself and another forum member talking about Tanev... maybe just keep your nose out of our conversations.

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Ahhh ok.  No I am not that person. I have been a Canuck fan forever and I have PTSD from watching my team get beat up for years. That includes the Sedins getting elbowed or repeatedly getting punched by ratfaced little goofs.  That is my reasoning on why I want  my team to be bigger and tougher.....of course that is only if they are still fast and skilled. I don't mind some small defensemen. But if my team picks a D as high up in the draft as 7 then I want that player to have some size.

So, you're a fellow supporter of the Gudbranson deal.  Good to hear.

27 minutes ago, oldnews said:

So, you're a fellow supporter of the Gudbranson deal.  Good to hear.

I said in my post "...of course that is only if they are still fast and skilled."

Do you believe Gudbranson is fast and skilled? Or do you just react poorly and comment without reading comprehension lol.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:57 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Ahhh ok.  No I am not that person. I have been a Canuck fan forever and I have PTSD from watching my team get beat up for years. That includes the Sedins getting elbowed or repeatedly getting punched by ratfaced little goofs.  That is my reasoning on why I want  my team to be bigger and tougher.....of course that is only if they are still fast and skilled. I don't mind some small defensemen. But if my team picks a D as high up in the draft as 7 then I want that player to have some size.

While it's nice to have a couple of enforcers around, what's more important is to have team pushback, and too often it was lacking.  Even though we've drafted a fair number of smaller players, none of them shy away from physical play and most in fact have decent grit elements to their game regardless of size.  Perhaps as soon as this year with the Sedins gone we'll see a change in that culture on the ice.

Archived