The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers shopping 10th OA. Eyeing Ryan Ellis.

HKSR

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

at first I thought the same but then I had to think. What’s in if for Nashville. What do they benefit. Really it makes no sense for them. 

Cap roomv. Ellis and Josi are both due big raises soon. Doubt Preds can fit it all under the cap. To add a entry level contract soon at that number 10 spot would be real smart. I could see this trade happening. 

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

Cap roomv. Ellis and Josi are both due big raises soon. Doubt Preds can fit it all under the cap. To add a entry level contract soon at that number 10 spot would be real smart. I could see this trade happening. 

They have more than enough cap space.  The cap increase is going to be more than enough to cover the cap increase for Ellis.  Also Rinne and his 7M comes off their books in a year and Smith and his 4M will comes off their books when Josi is due his raise.  

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

not a chance.

Josi expires in 2020.

Nashville has 12 million in cap,,,,

with the cap rising....

and 7 million worth of Rinne expiring next season.

this is not Poile's idea.

this is a Pet Chia pipe dream.

1 hour ago, mll said:

They have more than enough cap space.  The cap increase is going to be more than enough to cover the cap increase for Ellis.  Also Rinne and his 7M comes off their books in a year and Smith and his 4M will comes off their books when Josi is due his raise.  

I don't pretend to know their situation. That includes PK and Johansen, Turris, Forsberg et all? Again I don't know their particulars but that seems like a lot under the cap with Josi probably going to want 8 and Ellis at least 7 or 8. 

31 minutes ago, rekker said:

I think they want an offensive dman. Tanev is where offence goes to die. 

Tanev is not a offensive dman however he has averaged 21 points per 82 games over the past 5 years. This is solid offensive numbers from a defensive dman

People really not sure what they're talking about.  Tanev allows a player like Klefbom to shine offensively.  Don't forget that the Oilers were 1 Goal Against behind us, that shot suppression could very well have helped.  Increased defensive presence allows for more offence from the other side of the defensive line.  Tanev might not be a great puck shooting D man but he is a solid puck moving D man, he can make a solid first pass and is usually solid on the break out even if his numbers don't show that.

Tanev would be an overall net benefit to the Oilers now under a decent contract.

6 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Tanev is not a offensive dman however he has averaged 21 points per 82 games over the past 5 years. This is solid offensive numbers from a defensive dman

Solid. But far from the offensive dman the Oilers need. For as silky smooth as Tanev is he can't hold the point to save his life. His shot looks like its coming off a floor hockey stick. Love Tanev in the dzone but he is a klutz in the ozone. 

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Bob McKenzie said Wednesday he believes the Oilers are looking for an offensive defenceman to add to their roster, preferably with a right-hand shot.

that should finally put an end to the tanev proposals..... haha who am I kidding. 

The Oilers could take Karlson and derail him totally. They need a Tanev, \but I don't want to send any pieces their. They will not make the play-offs this year either. Unless they change their thoughts that you can win with just offense. The Oilers will struggle until they are out of the play-offs when the games don't matter, Exactly like last year.  

Wasn't the belief when they acquire Larsson that he had untapped offensive potential?

Maybe we can sell them Tanev on that same principle. :lol:

If Larsson cost them a Hart winner, the 10th overall pick for Tanev is a steal.

2 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The Oilers could take Karlson and derail him totally. They need a Tanev, \but I don't want to send any pieces their. They will not make the play-offs this year either. Unless they change their thoughts that you can win with just offense. The Oilers will struggle until they are out of the play-offs when the games don't matter, Exactly like last year.  

Yip. They need to look at a player like Tanev as not how he looks on the ozone but rather his silky passes out of the zone on the stick. That creates offence. Probably moot as I doubt Tanev waives for that shat show. 

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. They need to look at a player like Tanev as not how he looks on the ozone but rather his silky passes out of the zone on the stick. That creates offence. Probably moot as I doubt Tanev waives for that shat show. 

Tanev can submit a list of 8 teams.

I could think of 8 worse teams than Edmonton I personally wouldn't want to go to.

10 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Exactly.  They were 7th worst in Goals Against this past season (1 goal away from being 5th worst)... and yet they still talk about offense being the problem?? ?

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tanev can submit a list of 8 teams.

I could think of 8 worse teams than Edmonton I personally wouldn't want to go to.

Tanev has two years left before his next contract.  If he played with McDavid, Draisatl, and those high scoring forwards, he might get 30 to 40 points each season.  With his defensive acumen, and getting 40 points, he could get a big raise, couldn’t he?

Archived