The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers shopping 10th OA. Eyeing Ryan Ellis.

HKSR

11 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

20 years old and is tracking just fine.  

Still buying potential???

what do you think you are doing with your draft pick?

Nice try at a smart guy attitude tho.  

Read my post again. I said a draft pick is the same thing. Potential. He is tracking. Tracking to a potential spot. All the same dude. 

14 minutes ago, oldnews said:

buy low, on that Deadmonton devaluation 'development' system

and buy fast, before he spends too much time there.

I think the number is up to 3 or 4 players from edmonton's roster that have left or been traded have won the cup or a team or individual award in the ladt 5 years.

Lets go get pool party !

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hey Chia, I got a good one for ya.  Seeing as you traded MVP Hall for Larrson, how bout we talk Stecher for your 10OA? 

Look at it this way, Ellis shoots right, so does Stecher!  Ellis is an offensive dman, so is Stecher (I think?)!  Ellis is 5'10", so is Stecher!  Now get this... Stecher is younger by 3 years! 

So?  Do we have a deal?

Right on!  I knew I could count on you!

Canucks acquire 10 OA from the Oilers for Stecher.

Who's joining me at the airport to drop Troy off?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think the number is up to 3 or 4 players from edmonton's roster that have left or been traded have won the cup or a team or individual award in the ladt 5 years.

Lets go get pool party !

To Deadmonton

Gagner

To Vancouver

Lucic

Puljujarvi

#hockeytrade!

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hey Chia, I got a good one for ya.  Seeing as you traded MVP Hall for Larrson, how bout we talk Stecher for your 10OA? 

Look at it this way, Ellis shoots right, so does Stecher!  Ellis is an offensive dman, so is Stecher (I think?)!  Ellis is 5'10", so is Stecher!  Now get this... Stecher is younger by 3 years! 

So?  Do we have a deal?

Right on!  I knew I could count on you!

Canucks acquire 10 OA from the Oilers for Stecher.

Lol 

All jokes aside, I do believe that Stecher would be worth a late 1st round pick.  

Nashville is in win now mode, Ellis has been huge for them, on and off the ice. He is a perfect fit there. Why would they trade him for an immediate down grade - the 10th + project poolparty?

that 10tj May never be as good as Ellis and will take 2-4 years to get into the league while Ellis is in his prime - Makes no sense.

a player like hanifin but plays on the right that’s what the 10th is worth 

the 5th would be worth Ristoleinen.

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Bob McKenzie said Wednesday he believes the Oilers are looking for an offensive defenceman to add to their roster, preferably with a right-hand shot.

that should finally put an end to the tanev proposals..... haha who am I kidding. 

Jimmy listen to FTG.:P

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Baer. Tanev and Hutton for 10th oa and Russel.  

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Bob McKenzie said Wednesday he believes the Oilers are looking for an offensive defenceman to add to their roster, preferably with a right-hand shot.

Oilers prob want Ellis, ristoleinen.

imo- if they get hanifin - it will be a disaster- he will get the $&!# exposed out of him and it will be a train wreck for his confidence and career like Schultz

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Oilers prob want Ellis, ristoleinen.

imo- if they get hanifin - it will be a disaster- he will get the $&!# exposed out of him and it will be a train wreck for his confidence and career like Schultz

A deal involving Hanifin and Skinner for the 10th oa plus. 

I doubt anything will happen with the Canucks and the Oilers.  The team the Canucks should be targeting are the NYI who have 2 first round picks ...they hold Calgary's first that they got for Hamonic.   I suspect they need a defensive d man that is cap friendly ......

You would like to think Chiarelli would be all over the Karlsson's sweepstake. He has some intriguing pieces that Ottawa will like. 

To Ottawa: Ryan-Nugent Hopkins, 10th overall, and Russell

To Edmonton: Karlsson

Archived