The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Great read!

Moral of the story... Take BPA!

Interesting that Quinn was tested out by Arizona that draft year and are now in trouble for it.  

Finally the canucks have good drafting karma (maybe something to do with management as well lol!).  I think we'll be able to put Podz into this story in the not to distant future as well.  

It can't be understated that the 17-18 & 19 drafts have had us not just take the bpa but also fulfills our position of need.  Perfect storm!  GCG!!!:towel:

I miss hockey:(

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When he fell to the Canucks I was excited as I knew he was the exact type of player the Canucks needed.  Just didn't realize how much they needed him/how good he'd be this fast.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Boeser would disagree.

What, you think that Brock would not agree that it's easier for Canucks players to get points with JT and Quinn in the lineup? Not sure why you would think that, and I'm quite sure those words didn't come from Brock's mouth.

18 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

What, you think that Brock would not agree that it's easier for Canucks players to get points with JT and Quinn in the lineup? Not sure why you would think that, and I'm quite sure those words didn't come from Brock's mouth.

I think Brock would disagree with the idea the of Pettersson doing it singlehandedly. In Petey's Calder season, he did a lot with Boeser

There is little doubt Quinn has ushered in a new era of defencemen in Vancouver.

He's fast, shifty, and has the ability to electrify from the blueline.

He is prone to mistakes but, given his hockey smarts, I have all the confidence in the world that he will become an all round defender as he matures his game.

Though small in stature, Quinn Hughes has not shown any signs of being intimidated and has no hesitations in his game, making even the best forwards look foolish.

He is not a physical defender but that's not why he was drafted so I have no disappointment in this.

It amazes me that, in one season, he has become our, undisputed, #1 defender. 

He is an amazing young man and I am so happy he's a Canuck.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Not only does Quinn have Petey but he also has JT Thriller as well. Petey basically has to do a lot of things single handedly last season.

5 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I think Brock would disagree with the idea the of Pettersson doing it singlehandedly. In Petey's Calder season, he did a lot with Boeser

"A lot of things" does not equal everything. If you don't agree with Quinn that having an extra couple of extremely skilled players on the team makes it easier to score, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. But I agree with Quinn. And so do the stats. The team increase from 2.67 goals per game last season to 3.25 this season would be a clue.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

"A lot of things" does not equal everything. If you don't agree with Quinn that having an extra couple of extremely skilled players on the team makes it easier to score, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. But I agree with Quinn. And so do the stats. The team increase from 2.67 goals per game last season to 3.25 this season would be a clue.

When did I ever say that Quinn didn't get more help? I'm saying Pettersson wasn't that alone in his Calder season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...