The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

16 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Lindholm produced at a lesser rate playing with Aho and Teravainen and doesn't provide the physical factor Ferland does.  Carolina is selling high as well.

Lindholm spent 7.9% of his 5 on 5 ice time with TT and 22.9% with Aho.

He spent as much or more time playing with Staal, Skinner, McGinn, Ryan, Rask as he did with those two.

Unless you meant playing on the same team = "playing with".

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Carolina needs to just fold. They have pretty much soiled the name of their cup since the day after they won it.

Move em to Quebec would be in the best interests of the league.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Lindholm spent 7.9% of his 5 on 5 ice time with TT and 22.9% with Aho.

He spent as much or more time playing with Staal, Skinner, McGinn, Ryan, Rask as he did with those two.

Unless you meant playing on the same team = "playing with".

He also spent 79% of Carolinas PP time with those two.  My sources read more like 30% with Aho and 16% with TT. I think that qualifies as "playing with".  He also is getting near 60% O-zone starts and its not like Staal, Skinner are terrible either.

Dougie Hamilton must have some character flaws to be moving again or is it because he doesn't play the heavy game when needed?

Ferlund will struggle with the speed in the east, his north to south game without Gaudreau will see a drop in point production.

• Cheers 1

Weird trade to declare a winner. There are so many variables that play into what the gain and loss of the players involved have on their linemates. I go to Flames the winners in that I think they got the best player in the trade in Hanafin. Hamilton is scorched earth. Third team at such a young age playing a desired position, as a righty, putting up points, and still no one wants to keep the kid around. Big red flag. Ferlund is overrated. Hate to say it but I think the Flames win this hands down.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nooks said:

He also spent 79% of Carolinas PP time with those two.  My sources read more like 30% with Aho and 16% with TT. I think that qualifies as "playing with".  He also is getting near 60% O-zone starts and its not like Staal, Skinner are terrible either.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/Elias-Lindholm

35 of Lindholm's 44 points were 5 on 5.

Great faceoff guy (54.5%)

Was also 4th among Canes forwards in penatly killing ice time.

Very good, two way, highly talented young center that is bound to get better.

Really don't like this aspect of the deal for Carolina.

The Flames on the other hand add Lindholm to a center group with Monahan, Backlund......Jankowski, Stajan....

I'm looking forward to how this pans out for Calgary. 

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly i hate Calgary but this is a solid trade for both teams.

Hanifin = or close to Hamilton.

Lindholm>>>>>>Ferland and Fox

Lindholm is a win for Calgary. He shores up the top 6 behind Monahan. Hanifin and Hamilton more or less wash out. Hamilton more offense, Hanafin better defence. For the roster Calgary has, this is a win.

I would expect an "18 yr old" Sam Bennett trade soon. He won't want to be a bottom 6 center. Lindholm and Monahan are better than he is.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. Some people are saying the flames got bent over, some people are saying it was the canes. I think that's a good sign that it was a relatively even trade.

Either way the flames just got easier to play against. 

In some ways yes. They will miss Ferlunds heavy game. With Hamilton gone Hamonic is their top right dman. He is an adventure. 

Edited by rekker

Just now, TheFastOne21 said:

Lindholm is a win for Calgary. He shores up the top 6 behind Monahan. Hanifin and Hamilton more or less wash out. Hamilton more offense, Hanafin better defence. For the roster Calgary has, this is a win.

I would expect an "18 yr old" Sam Bennett trade soon. He won't want to be a bottom 6 center. Lindholm and Monahan are better than he is.

And Backlund.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/Elias-Lindholm

35 of Lindholm's 44 points were 5 on 5.

Great faceoff guy (54.5%)

Was also 4th among Canes forwards in penatly killing ice time.

Very good, two way, highly talented young center that is bound to get better.

Really don't like this aspect of the deal for Carolina.

The Flames on the other hand add Lindholm to a center group with Monahan, Backlund......Jankowski, Stajan....

I'm looking forward to how this pans out for Calgary. 

I think Stajan retired?

7 minutes ago, TheFastOne21 said:

Not sure where Bennett fits into it all but they may as well give him another year to figure his game out. 

• Upvote 1

Additionally, this makes me happy as a Canucks fan. Seems Linden and Benning are finally learning and staying the course and not trading the future for immediate young help whether they be under 24 or not. Grow from the draft and be frugal in trades/free agency.

Hamilton and Hanafin traded means Severson last of the links to Canucks. That said, for the right price I'd take him. A D of Hughes, Severson, Juolevi, Woo, Tryamkin and Stecher/Pouliot/Hutton in a couple years seems good to me (assuming prospects pan out and Tryamkin comes back)