The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Perhaps not a popular view here, but I'd say no - it's not worth it. 

If we didn't have QH already I'd say there would be a much stronger case for moving up to secure Byram.  But how it is now, I think OJ & #10 & + > Byram. 

What about #10 and JV for Byram?

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Is that actually Nylander's full name? LOL. As for the deal it's a lot to pay for essentially Risto. A glorified 2nd rounder, a 6th rounder, Risto and Nylander for Jake, Olli and the 10th is a bit too much for my liking. Nylander is interesting though. 21, plays both wings. This would be quite the haul for Buffalo though. Jake and Eichel/Mittelstadt though, sounds good on paper. Might go out and get a Virtanen Sabres jersey if this trade happens.

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-prospect-alex-nylander-bust/

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Zegras

Broberg

Newhook

...if they load up at "D" with a UFA, and the big guy comes back a year early...tough pick.

...but if Cozens is still there, or Podz is still there...it will be interesting Zegras or Broberg...can't go wrong with those two.

...for the record, I would take Kakko over Hughes.

Edited by Pete M

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Is that actually Nylander's full name? LOL. As for the deal it's a lot to pay for essentially Risto. A glorified 2nd rounder, a 6th rounder, Risto and Nylander for Jake, Olli and the 10th is a bit too much for my liking. Nylander is interesting though. 21, plays both wings. This would be quite the haul for Buffalo though. Jake and Eichel/Mittelstadt though, sounds good on paper. Might go out and get a Virtanen Sabres jersey if this trade happens.

What has me nervous is Jim Benning might be so desperate to make a splash he might pull the trigger or (shudders) already has on this deal.  Risto would be that rhd Benning covets.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Wat 1

Been awhile since I've felt indifferent with who we pick. I really couldn't give a damn who we draft tomorrow. Zegras or Seider would be nice but other than that idc

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Been awhile since I've felt indifferent with who we pick. I really couldn't give a damn who we draft tomorrow. Zegras or Seider would be nice but other than that idc

Thats the great thing about this draft. there are so many good players. Probably a top 15 Id be happy with. The only player Im not big on is Broberg so guess we'll see what happens

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Podkolzin might be the perfect winger for Petey.  Big boy.  Skilled.  Great along walls.  High compete.  Puck hound.  

Podkolzin, Boldy, Krebs anyone of those would be a perfect addition to our core. All wingers that we need.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3