The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

I was reading a draft put out by a semi-serious poster on HF Boards.....

I gave us the 15th, 46th and 77th picks of the draft and came away with these 3

15.....Krebs   LW/C

46.....Vlasic   LD

77.....Korczak  RD

I thought...….hey, I would be pretty happy with that

Unfortunately...these types of lists are all over the place right now...

I also seen a few players right around the  28 to 35 OA spot, I would not have minded...….sure would love an extra pick.....sob!

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

15.....Krebs   LW/C

46.....Vlasic   LD

77.....Korczak  RD

I also seen a few players right around the  28 to 35 OA spot, I would not have minded...….sure would love an extra pick.....sob!

If Krebs drops to 15 you take him and run. He's a top 10 player with leadership qualities, he'd fit in great.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

15.....Krebs   LW/C

46.....Vlasic   LD

77.....Korczak  RD

well you know what they say Jan, opinions are like *********, everyones got one :P

Its interesting to go back and look at the scouting reports of players in the range the Canucks will likely pick at. Here's one for McAvoy, its a good report, but it doesn't really indicate the level of play Boston got from him so early: https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/prospects/charlie-mcavoy/

At 14-20 its so hard to say who Benning and Brackett have on their radar, it wouldn't surprise me at all if its someone only a handful of CDC people have heard of. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well you know what they say Jan, opinions are like *********, everyones got one :P

Its interesting to go back and look at the scouting reports of players in the range the Canucks will likely pick at. Here's one for McAvoy, its a good report, but it doesn't really indicate the level of play Boston got from him so early: https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/prospects/charlie-mcavoy/

At 14-20 its so hard to say who Benning and Brackett have on their radar, it wouldn't surprise me at all if its someone only a handful of CDC people have heard of. 

See my last post for my response.....I think it is solid...let me know

Aka....In GM...."what should be done at the TDL?"

Edited by janisahockeynut

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

15.....Krebs   LW/C

46.....Vlasic   LD

77.....Korczak  RD

Krebs isn't dropping to 15. Vlasic, i could see happening at that spot. 

42 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

See my last post for my response.....I think it is solid...let me know

Aka....In GM...."what should be done at the TDL?"

Krebs - I think the hockey news had him at #2 overall a while back! so 15? seems like a far drop. Although I did see him at 10 as well recently. 

From what I've seen so far, outside of Kakko and Hughes its a massive crap shoot as to draft order. I've seen Byram anywhere from 5 to 10 e.g. 

Whatever happens I'm going to try to be there in person to see it, I've never been to a draft before. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Krebs - I think the hockey news had him at #2 overall a while back! so 15? seems like a far drop. Although I did see him at 10 as well recently. 

From what I've seen so far, outside of Kakko and Hughes its a massive crap shoot as to draft order. I've seen Byram anywhere from 5 to 10 e.g. 

Whatever happens I'm going to try to be there in person to see it, I've never been to a draft before. 

Jeez, that sounds like a good idea.....forgot the public could come.

Yeah, there are some constants in the draft, in general.....sorta top 6ish...but like you were saying...….top 5 to 15 are all over the place...

I have seen Newhook at 5 and 18 or 19?

I not sure if all that means they are all really good or all really all inconsistent?

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Jeez, that sounds like a good idea.....forgot the public could come.

Yeah, there are some constants in the draft, in general.....sorta top 6ish...but like you were saying...….top 5 to 15 are all over the place...

I have seen Newhook at 5 and 18 or 19?

I not sure if all that means they are all really good or all really all inconsistent?

just different scouts. I think we've seen enough out of Brackett to feel pretty safe that the picks will be good ones. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, KKnight said:

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen 

Byram.       -       Makar

Johnson

That is freaking scary. I think they will be VERY active in free agency this year. They just have to worry about signing Rantanen long term. They have Mack signed to a steal of a deal, along with Landeskog at a steal. They can trade Barrie for a nice return in the offseason. Have Makar come in. It would be crazy if Duchene ended up going back there lol

I’m sure after their success with Rantanen, Kakko is high on their list.

and I agree with your logic Byram makes all kind of sense for them.. be pretty nasty