The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours] 4 Canadian Teams interested in Tobias Rieder

Seems like the Canucks are one of the four Canadian team interested in Rieder:

TSN Radio Vancouver: Bob McKenzie on TSN 1040: “The marching orders in #Canucks organization, I would suspect, are…if they can add some veterans to stabilize, mentor, shepherd the young guys, I don’t think there’s any question they would like to do that. And Tobias Rieder is one guy Vancouver has been in on.”

18 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

We are in desperate need for left wingers with the departure of Vanek and D Sedin. Eriksson seems to be best on the RW. Virtanen, Boeser, Gags rounding out the other righty spots. As much as some of us ask it seems highly unlikely Jake sees any LW time. Eriksson could, but I think I prefer him on the right side. Either way we could use some more good wingers. And centers, D, goalies. The whole nine yards.

The following forwards can play on the left side from my perspective:

- Granlund

- Baertschi

- Goldobin (played at the left side in juniors)

- Eriksson  (I do agree that he is a better fit at RW, nevertheless he showed that he can play as a LW).

What really is missing is a  legitimate LW on the  top line after  Danny's retirement. Some believe that hopefully Jonathan Dahlen could become a top line winger at the left side. He has chemistry with Elias Pettersson. Skill and scoring touch aren't an issue either. Concerned about his compete level, size, grit playing on the top line against the best players in the league. I think it's way to early to speculate about Jonathan Dahlen becoming a top line winger. First of all he needs to adjust to the North American style of play and make the Canucks roster.

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Seems like the Canucks are one of the four Canadian team interested in Rieder:

TSN Radio Vancouver: Bob McKenzie on TSN 1040: “The marching orders in #Canucks organization, I would suspect, are…if they can add some veterans to stabilize, mentor, shepherd the young guys, I don’t think there’s any question they would like to do that. And Tobias Rieder is one guy Vancouver has been in on.”

Not sure how a 25 yrs old with 117 in 312 qualifies as a vetersn and mentor ?

Horvat , Baertschi, Grandlund as already as much experience, not to mention Sutter, Eriksson and Gagner.  Not sure what Rieder bring beside stealing one of our propsect's spot.

Benning said he wants veteran support pieces, with grit and that can PK.  Can't see this guy being a priority, especially being a winger.  Who's he going to beat out of Eriksson, Virtanen, Boeser, Baertschi, Goldobin, Gaunce, Leipsic, Gagner, Granlund, etc. not to mention Pettersson, Dahlen, and Gaudette?

Edmonton needs faster players for McDavid, they can have him.

Thank goodness.  One report said close to being an Oiler, and the Flames are also interested.

No problem there -- the guy can skate but doesn't bring much else that I've seen.  Put him with McDavid and watch him score 20 -- big deal, better than McDavid with some legit first-liners that would make a real impact.  Maybe they'll put Maroon back there with him, too.

Archived