The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Zombies.

I knew it 2020, I just knew it.

'Dead' woman found to be breathing at Detroit funeral home

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/dead-woman-found-to-be-breathing-at-detroit-funeral-home-1.5076870

Detroit is so special, 70 years ago it was economic superpower with almost 2m residents.

Today it’s like a zombie land!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Jerry Falwell Jr. WATCHED while I had sex with his wife Becki several times a year for SIX years starting when I was 20, claims pool boy - as he denies extorting the couple over affair

• Giancarlo Granda claims he did not just have an affair with Becki Falwell - but that Jerry watched them have sex
  • They met up several times a year for six years, he claims, starting when he was 20 and ending in 2018
  • It contradicts Jerry's statement on Sunday night that Becki and Giancarlo had an affair that he later found out about 
  • Jerry released a lengthy statement claiming Giancarlo was extorting them 
  • He talked about 'forgiving' his wife's 'indiscretion' and said he was so upset when he discovered the affair that he lost 80lbs 
  • Ganda said he was not trying to extort them, but was trying to negotiate a buyout from the gay-friendly hostel business they are in together  
  • He told the Falwells he'd go 'the kamikaze route' by making their sordid relationship public if they didn't give him what he wanted  
  • Fallwell Jr. took a leave of absence from Liberty, a religious university, earlier this year 
  • He is one of the most influential conservative Christians in America and endorsed Trump enthusiastically 

Falwell, picture above with his wife and Trump, flew Granda in 2012 to Liberty University to meet the president

lots more in the link .... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8659231/Business-partner-Falwells-says-long-affair-evangelical-power-couple.html

Ganda said he was not trying to extort them, but was trying to negotiate a buyout from the gay-friendly hostel business they are in together   <---------------------- ahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

So he is actually a beta cuck....   :bigblush:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I never understood why some guys enjoy watching their wives fornicate with some stranger.

Its &^@#in bizarre and disturbing!

I've been in that situation as the other (well not watched but consent with a married womam) and in a few open relationships. But just watching some guy with my girl? Hard no. 

People are just wired differently. I have no judgement on such choices but in this case it's pretty funny with him being who he is. 

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I've been in that situation as the other (well not watched but consent with a married womam) and in a few open relationships. But just watching some guy with my girl? Hard no. 

People are just wired differently. I have no judgement on such choices but in this case it's pretty funny with him being who he is. 

:unsure:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

whatever floats your boat as long as its consensual, but the bible thumper hypocrisy is hilarious. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Yeah, whatever floats your boat is my mantra as well, as long as it’s legal and not harming others.

Got asked couple of times but not really into crossing swords with other guys or having someone’s hairy bean bag touching my leg.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, whatever floats your boat is my mantra as well, as long as it’s legal and not harming others.

Got asked couple of times but not really into crossing swords with other guys or having someone’s hairy bean bag touching my leg.

Ya..that ain't my style either. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

:lol:

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine...” ~ Lord Helmet ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I never understood why some guys enjoy watching their wives fornicate with some stranger.

Its &^@#in bizarre and disturbing!

Yeah it's a weird situation. Perhaps he thinks if he ain't satisfying her, she'll go find someone behind his back. This way he gets to maintain control of the situation.

Kind of like those parents who host a party with drinking at their house for their teenager and his/her friends. They even provide the booze. At least they are in control of the situation and know whats going on.

Either that or he's a slimy little beta cuck.

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah it's a weird situation. Perhaps he thinks if he ain't satisfying her, she'll go find someone behind his back. This way he gets to maintain control of the situation.

Kind of like those parents who host a party with drinking at their house for their teenager and his/her friends. They even provide the booze. At least they are in control of the situation and know whats going on.

Some dudes just enjoy sharing their woman. The why of it is probably something Fruedian (sp?). 

In this case...probably mostly the latter...

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

not in Kelowna. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm just going to leave this right here...

https://globalnews.ca/news/7275588/inside-the-chinese-military-attack-on-nortel/

Reveal hidden contents

I'm guessing it's in spoilers because of the length?

I remember a buddy of mine having a bunch of money in Nortel stock back then. He was convinced that it was going to be huge....

I imagine he'd be unimpressed (but not surprised) to read that article.

Japan's Abe to announce resignation in meeting with LDP lawmakers at 0600 GMT

Fri 28 Aug 2020 05:46:59 GMT

Kyodo News reports on the matter

Senior LDP lawmakers are scheduled to have a meeting at 0600 GMT in the wake of Abe's reported resignation and the latest report is that he will be announcing to them his decision to step down at the meeting itself.

It is said that Abe took the decision because he was told that he would need to seek treatment on his health condition over the next year, which will interfere with his work.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading a bit about the controversial bill sb145.

Political misinformation machines have been all over it, calling it as bill that reduces punishment for pedophilia.

On the other side they are saying it is a bill that reduces discrimination.

California state senator defends controversial SB 145, relating to sex offenders

“A 19-year-old has a 17-year-old girlfriend and they have sex, that is statutory rape. But the law right now says that the judge does not have to put that 19-year-old boy on the sex offender registry because of the kind of sex that they were having,” Wiener said. “But if it's a 19-year-old boy having sex with a 17-year-old boyfriend, the judge must put that 19-year-old onto the sex offender registry, even if it was completely consensual, even if they were boyfriends, even if there was nothing coercive or predatory about it.”

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/california/state-senator-defends-controversial-bill/103-f911e344-503d-4e45-8d70-c745cad03c80

Edited by bishopshodan

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I've been reading a bit about the controversial bill sb145.

Political misinformation machines have been all over it, calling it as bill that reduces punishment for pedophilia.

On the other side they are saying it is a bill that reduces discrimination.

California state senator defends controversial SB 145, relating to sex offenders

“A 19-year-old has a 17-year-old girlfriend and they have sex, that is statutory rape. But the law right now says that the judge does not have to put that 19-year-old boy on the sex offender registry because of the kind of sex that they were having,” Wiener said. “But if it's a 19-year-old boy having sex with a 17-year-old boyfriend, the judge must put that 19-year-old onto the sex offender registry, even if it was completely consensual, even if they were boyfriends, even if there was nothing coercive or predatory about it.”

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/california/state-senator-defends-controversial-bill/103-f911e344-503d-4e45-8d70-c745cad03c80

Wiener has the right last name, he is the guy that changed the law for knowingly exposing someone to HIV from felony to misdemeanor.

Just because he probably has it doesn’t mean other people should get it.

He can go &^@# himself!

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Wiener has the right last name, he is the guy that changed the law for knowingly exposing someone to HIV from felony to misdemeanor.

Just because he probably has it doesn’t mean other people should get it.

He can go &^@# himself!

Did not know that.

Is this a good bill or no? I haven't read much. I don't  like the idea that a 15 yr old could give willing consent with a 24 yr old. That's still Statutory and the 24 yr old should still be put on the offenders registry. 

Different story for a 19 yr old dating/doing a 17 years old.

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Did not know that.

Is this a good bill or no? I haven't read much. I don't  like the idea that a 15 yr old could give willing consent with a 24 yr old. That's still Statutory and the 24 yr old should still be put on the offenders registry. 

Different story for a 19 yr old dating/doing a 17 years old.

He says that previous law was targeting gays, it’s a slippery slope.

Adults should stay far away from the kids.

As far as your example goes, besides being registered offender, spending time in prison is a must imo.