The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Analyst82 said:

Was that only me or cooper was actually fist pumping for a dirty hit? Are you kidding me? You going to embrace that type of garbage? 

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Nah. He was fist bumping him because he got jumped by Guddy and Virt (rightfully so). That was after he came out of the box.

Regardless of the reason for the fist bump, it was a poor decision. If your player knocks out an opponent with a dirty hit, and later gets jumped for his actions...you just tell him to ‘keep his head up’ and use him wisely for the rest of the game. A fist bump...really?!  Sorry Cooper, but I lost a ton of respect for you after that.

The fist bump would not have happened if the blind zebras made the right call and given that play a major. 

5 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Regardless of the reason for the fist bump, it was a poor decision. If your player knocks out an opponent with a dirty hit, and later gets jumped for his actions...you just tell him to ‘keep his head up’ and use him wisely for the rest of the game. A fist bump...really?!  Sorry Cooper, but I lost a ton of respect for you after that.

The fist bump would not have happened if the blind zebras made the right call and given that play a major. 

Really unbecoming of a coach to "join in" like that on the bench.  So unprofessional.

A total  lack of respect and disregard for a player who's had to leave the game.  Disgusting, really.  Just saw it on the highlights.  Or, more appropriately, low lights.

47 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't think you get it.

Physical and dirty are two different things.  Learn to separate them.  I LOVE physical games.  I despise dirty plays and players.  They're garbage.

Done though.  You go on and support them...I'm busy worrying about Stech.  Like most Canuck fans are.  I've seen great games...I don't consider this one of them.  I loved how our team rallied but hate that these guys slithered out of here with a win and no discipline.

I don't think you get it either. Physical game if not well controlled by ref, they will be getting dirty, it is part of hockey, they are not garbage!

6 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

I don't think you get it either. Physical game if not well controlled by ref, they will be getting dirty, it is part of hockey, they are not garbage!

You're a little confused.  The dirty hit came first, then the physical stuff and officials dropping the ball.  Not in the other order.

That hit was garbage and it wasn't "because" this or that.  No excuse for it.  Out of nowhere.

The dirty hit wasn't "caused"...it was "the cause of".

55 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't think you get it.

Physical and dirty are two different things.  Learn to separate them.  I LOVE physical games.  I despise dirty plays and players.  They're garbage.

Done though.  You go on and support them...I'm busy worrying about Stech.  Like most Canuck fans are.  I've seen great games...I don't consider this one of them.  I loved how our team rallied but hate that these guys slithered out of here with a win and no discipline.

Lol.

This coming from one of the biggest Burrows fan on the planet.

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Lol.

This coming from one of the biggest Burrows fan on the planet.

Burrows was reactionary.  He didn't go out targeting guys.  There's a difference.  Guy stuffs a finger down your throat?  Bite it.  I would.

Not "one of".  "The".

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Why the &^@# do known of the highlight packages show ANY of the rough stuff or fights. 

Is this how hard the NHL is trying to eliminate any and all physicality?? Jesus

Because then they'd have to answer for the lapses in officiating.  "Shh, just pretend you didn't see it".

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Burrows was reactionary.  He didn't go out targeting guys.  There's a difference.

Burrows is/was a dirty player, intentionally or not.

I bet my life, if you ask players who played against him, they’ll probably say the same thing.

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Burrows is/was a dirty player, intentionally or not.

I bet my life, if you ask players who played against him, they’ll probably say the same thing.

I didn't see him doling headshots.  I also saw him concerned when other players were down and out., not fist bumping like a drunk frat boy.

But let's try to stick to the here and now, shall we?  I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing tonight.

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I didn't see him doling headshots.  I also saw him concerned when other players were down and out., not fist bumping like a drunk frat boy.

But let's try to stick to the here and now, shall we?  I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing tonight.

Archived