The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Deb let me ask you this. If headshots are banned and treated as harshly now as they ever were, why do they still happen in games?

The more physical and you aggressive you play, the higher likelihood that something like this will happen. 

I don't think you get it.

Physical and dirty are two different things.  Learn to separate them.  I LOVE physical games.  I despise dirty plays and players.  They're garbage.

Done though.  You go on and support them...I'm busy worrying about Stech.  Like most Canuck fans are.  I've seen great games...I don't consider this one of them.  I loved how our team rallied but hate that these guys slithered out of here with a win and no discipline.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.66a459cdbefecf4d297114be35c65726.PNG

got a feeling if the roles were reversed, it would have been called a penalty for holding...not hooking.

seen less of a hold called against the Nucks many times over.

I'd like to see a video replay from different angles. It'd be rank bongwater if they missed 1 with how Tampa scored a second later, but that's the refs for us.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

And last time we played them?

Their record "at the moment".  Remember, teams have to sustain that and then win the playoffs to be dubbed "the best".  They're on a roll.  No wonder, with officiating like they're getting. 

Christ almighty. 

What else do we have to go by then their record? They are the best team in hockey right now, and there really isn't an argument against that.

The officals mishandled the Stetcher situation. I am not saying they didn't. He should have been tossed.

We had 6 PP today. And didn't cash in. I don't think we should blame the officials on the outcome of this game. 

1 minute ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Good game but no urgency on the power play.  LE had a good game.  Brock looks slow.

Brock is an opportunistic player. Needs little time and space to create chances. I wouldn’t worry about him too much. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I disagree. That kind of stuff is bush league stuff, should not be part of the game or what makes a physical game.

Obviously it shouldn't be a part of the game because it is dangerous. But players aren't perfect. The game is so fast. It will happen.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Obviously it shouldn't be a part of the game because it is dangerous. But players aren't perfect. The game is so fast. It will happen.

"Not perfect".

You keep wanting to downplay a blindside hit to the head.  Let's keep it real here.

I'm glad you at least added the "right now" part to the "best team" thing.  Who cares?  We've been the best team in December  before...counts for...nothing.  Not sure why that somehow forgives them for dirty crap that has no place in the game.  Enough with the excuses for them.  If you smash a guy in the head it's supposed to be a big deal.  Not "interfering" with him.  Injuring him.   I am not blinded by a record part way through a season.  This team doesn't get a free pass because they're good. Right now. 

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact this wasn't a 5 minute major is exactly why a blatant headshot still happens. 

These hard head shots are so seriously damaging to a players future health and career there should be a full review at the referees discretion and the right 5 minute call made.

That 5 minute penalty might have cost Tampa the game and would have been much more damaging to the player and the team he plays for and then it's up to the league to really start treating these garbage incidents more seriously and throw the book at them

I bet almost all players would be in favour of a proper review to discipline the play accordingly at the moment and harsher suspensions than they currently give which imo most are a complete joke and nowhere near the the punishment they should be getting.

They should be leaning towards going overboard on the discipline not lighter on the punishment handed down and that will make the difference needed to finally see these dirty plays almost eliminated or as much as possible anyway.

Until then it will never be enough in my books.

9 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Alex Auld on SN 650 makes a good point.....how was that even an interference call when Stech had the puck ?  

What is he referring to? The blatant head shot? If so, Auld is not only an ugly bald idiot, but putrid as well.

Disregard. I though Auld was saying it was not even a penalty. My mistake...assuming he meant it should have been a major.

9 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Brock is an opportunistic player. Needs little time and space to create chances. I wouldn’t worry about him too much. 

Exactly what I was going to say.  He plays a different game.  He isn't "fast"...but his shot is deadly and he positions himself to be a threat with it.

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact this wasn't a 5 minute major is exactly why a blatant headshot still happens. 

Your so right! Players would think twice if it cost them the game. As it is players know full well the penalties usually even up. This is because game management has caused cheap shots to increase.

3 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

These hard shots are so seriously damaging to a players future health and career there should be a full review at the referees discretion and the right 5 minute call made.

That 5 minute penalty might have cost Tampa the game and would have been much more damaging to the player and the team he plays for and then it's up to the league to really start treating these garbage incidents more seriously and throw the book at them

I bet almost all players would be in favour of a proper review to discipline the play accordingly at the moment and harsher suspensions than they currently give which imo most are a complete joke and nowhere near the the punishment they should be getting.

They should be leaning towards going overboard on the discipline not lighter on the punishment handed down and that will make the difference needed to finally see these dirty plays almost eliminated or as much as possible anyway.

Until then it will never be enough in my books.

Fully intentional hit to the head. Those hits need to be removed from the game. League has to start bringing down just punishment.

Archived