The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This really p*sses me off! They could have made that possible TWO F***ing decades back! The league will say"Oh we don't wanna take out the human-element..."

BUllSH*T! They don't want an accurate system, that is harder to rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t blame on conspiracy what can easily be blamed on incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This really p*sses me off! They could have made that possible TWO F***ing decades back! The league will say"Oh we don't wanna take out the human-element..."

BUllSH*T! They don't want an accurate system, that is harder to rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are scared a Canadian team will be in a game seven and they will have the control taken away from them!

8 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

No way was goaltending an issue in this game. They have superior cross ice passes which lead to scoring chances. We just need a few more skilled players to compete with that team.

Hey I don't like piling on goalies but for this team to win as they are assembled, we need crucial saves at crucial times. Our goaltending is pretty average.

Wonder if the best team in the league, Tampa, is going to win the cup (again) this year?

Also:...important words from Coach Green.  Seasoning our boys for down the road, and I think they'll embrace this part of it:  If you don't like playing when it gets intense, you're probably not going to be much of a winning hockey player in the NHL.

That's great coaching right there.  Only wish FF was here to celebrate it.

There is optimism for this team;  a good nucleus of skilled forwards plus some sandpaper.  Jake showed why he was a high draft pick - fierce on the forecheck, speed to burn and a touch of nasty thrown in.  Now.....when they add some legit defensemen, heads up.  At present we have 2 x 2nd. pair D (Edler, Tanev);  2 x 3rd. pair D (Gudbranson, Hutton).  Throw in 2 x 1st line D and there is a team to contend.

Good game this evening - character showed well sticking up for one another.  Can play with the top teams - just need a couple more quality pieces, primarily on D.    

Nilsson had a great game today.  Could've easily been out of reach halfway through the second period. 

Having said that, Vasilevskiy outplayed Nilsson but he is one of the best, if not the best, goalie in the league right now. 

35 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I went from respecting Tampa as a team to downright hating them. Classless hicks 

hope they go down in flames 

heck I even hope they go down to the flames although after seeing them tonight they will probably go down for the Flames 

That is actually spelt with a "D"

5 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Don’t blame on conspiracy what can easily be blamed on incompetence. 

But if incompetence is allowing corruption and unfair advantages...it becomes a bit of a conspiracy to not fix it.

LOOOONG ago a guy named Bertuzzi was crucified and it was in the name of "protecting players" and eliminating blindside stuff that injures players.  "Can't have that".  Yet, here we have someone throwing himself at a guy's head...blindsiding him and ???  "Interference"?   He interfered him to the quiet room?  Sure, ok.

Head shots.  Those are supposed to be a no no.  Except when you explain them away or...more recently, ignore them.

This is a disaster.  These guys will suffer down the road from these head shots.  I guess we'll have more lawsuits, too.  But if they only have to pay out $20,000 each I guess it's money well spent in a league that bites the hands that feed it.

We're STILL seeing players carted off the ice...wobbly and disoriented.  For...nothing.  Because some hot shot feels a need to prove himself.

Archived