The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

I think what bugged me almost as much as the head shot was his cockiness afterward.  In the box and even in his interview.  No sense or expression of concern for Stech...even if he thinks it was innocent.  A guy was hurt but hey...it's all about him.   Speaks volumes.  Our team has so much more integrity than these types of dirtbag ego buffs.

Guy looks like a meathead...I guess he's one of those dumb jock types.   Set the bar low stuff.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I really hate this comment.

Fun for Stech?

And I'm sick of the "best team in the league".  That's decideed at the end of the year, not the middle.  If we're not there yet, neither are they.  The Tampa worship is a little premature.  And, for me, nauseating.

You need to take a step back, and cool down.

It was a great hockey game, played the way the game was mean't to be played. Hard, Fast, Physical, with a little rough stuff. Sometimes guys cross the line, but that is going to happen when hockey is played in the manner of which it was played tonight. Of course what happened to stech sucks, but it is a physical game and stuff like that is going to happen. I cursed at my TV when that happened, and when Paquette took a run Petey. All that aside, it was a great game to watch and I enjoyed it.

Tampa is without a doubt the best team we have played this year.

9 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Give Hutty more time on the 1PP. rest eddy for 5v5 and the Pk. as long as its not him sitting in the box, i think that could help a bit.

I agree but really Benning should have dealt with this in the off season by signing a capable player that's better and more reliable than MDZ and Pouliot which shouldn't be that difficult because they're pretty much both brutal and costed this team quite a few games.

I love the job Benning has done with the organization and how great the future looks but knowing all the great moves he's made and some weren't easy the fact he stuck with MDZ and Pouliot especially knowing where Hutton imo underservingly was and just left that glaring weakness unaddressed was and still is a real head scratcher.

Right now unfortunately because of injuries to Sautner and Juolevi looks like there's no help in sight it's now far past the time Benning makes a move to acquire a left side defenseman and do his players and goalies right and helps them out it's far too long until Hughes is a regular.

The team needs something done before then.

Powerplay finishes early, it's a different game and we win. 

That being said it was super entertaining and our boys stood up for each other. 

So I guess moral victory but really needed the 2 points. 

Positive might overall. 

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But if incompetence is allowing corruption and unfair advantages...it becomes a bit of a conspiracy to not fix it.

LOOOONG ago a guy named Bertuzzi was crucified and it was in the name of "protecting players" and eliminating blindside stuff that injures players.  "Can't have that".  Yet, here we have someone throwing himself at a guy's head...blindsiding him and ???  "Interference"?   He interfered him to the quiet room?  Sure, ok.

Head shots.  Those are supposed to be a no no.  Except when you explain them away or...more recently, ignore them.

This is a disaster.  These guys will suffer down the road from these head shots.  I guess we'll have more lawsuits, too.  But if they only have to pay out $20,000 each I guess it's money well spent in a league that bites the hands that feed it.

We're STILL seeing players carted off the ice...wobbly and disoriented.  For...nothing.  Because some hot shot feels a need to prove himself.

Bertuzzi was my favourite player so I know the history. I just believe the refs didn’t do their job, rather than that they were intentionally pulling a screw job on the Canucks specifically. 

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, it'll be really fun if it turns out Stetch's concussion is serious and he has to deal with severe post-consussion symptoms, eh?

"Fun"

I don't think that's what he meant. He probably meant "fun" as in it was an entertaining game, that had a playoff feel to it. It was good to see the team stick up for each other, it just sucks it came at the expense of Stetcher. Hopefully it turns out to be a minor concussion and we see him back sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think what bugged me almost as much as the head shot was his cockiness afterward.  In the box and even in his interview.  No sense or expression of concern for Stech...even if he thinks it was innocent.  A guy was hurt but hey...it's all about him.   Speaks volumes.  Our team has so much more integrity than these types of dirtbag ego buffs.

Guy looks like a meathead...I guess he's one of those dumb jock types.   Set the bar low stuff.

no Kidding. I have seen class from clean hits where there has been concern. The league better give him at least a game! But 2 should be the minimum for all headshots especially when a player doesn't return.

Archived