The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT CANUCKS AT DUCKS | Feb 13 | 7:30PM | SN One | A Roasted Duck Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

17 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

OMG POULIOT IS STILL IN THE LINEUP FRK!

loving the lines right now.

Pouliot was one of our better defensemen last game.....55% corsi with only 25% offensive zone start time. 

People really need to shut their yap about Pouliot being the reason we lose games. Has he cost us games/goals before at crucial moments? Sure.....but so has Tanev, Edler, Stecher, and the rest of the defensive core. 

I don’t know what people are expecting from a third pairing defensemen, honestly. Look around the league at other teams 5th/6th defensemen, Pouliot is better than most of them. 

5 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Pouliot was one of our better defensemen last game.....55% corsi with only 25% offensive zone start time. 

People really need to shut their yap about Pouliot being the reason we lose games. Has he cost us games/goals before at crucial moments? Sure.....but so has Tanev, Edler, Stecher, and the rest of the defensive core. 

I don’t know what people are expecting from a third pairing defensmen, honestly. Look around the league at other teams 5th/6th defensemen, Pouliot is better than most of them. 

umm no.. Pouliot cant play defence dude, cant even clear the god damn puck,, easy dump ins and ices it.. miss passes ... 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Did Brisebois say something to Green that pissed him off? Derrick could use a break from the action, although he did score last game...

Pouliot is there because, there’s no better options on the left side, at the moment.

However, I would put Brisebois in over Biega as that would make Tanev play on his correct side. 

Hutton - Stecher

Pouliot - Tanev

Brisebois - Gudbranson

Is what I liked to see.

2 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

Has to be a win tonight. I think the boys are a proud group and won't go down to a team like Anaheim.  

On an aside note, thought about making a separate thread about it, but how much does this Sutter injury impact our season and TDL moves.  They haven't been very specific other than lower body injury and I really hope it isn't his hernia again.  He is one of our more valuable trade chips but still also extremely valuable on our team.  Really hoping it isn't week and week but the skeptic in me thinks it will be. The playoffs are ours if we perform, so hopefully this group can string some W's together. If we don't, we are only 6 points off the floor in the west so it wouldn't take much to tank lol

He seems to regularly get hurt at the trade deadline - I wonder if he doesn’t want to move and he’s faking it lol

6 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

umm no.. Pouliot cant play defence dude, cant even clear the god damn puck,, easy dump ins and ices it.. miss passes ... 

If Pouliot couldn’t play defense and do his job correctly, he would have been waived a long time ago and would be playing in the AHL, when everyone was healthy.

Archived