The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT CANUCKS AT DUCKS | Feb 13 | 7:30PM | SN One | A Roasted Duck Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

Have I missed something I wonder?

... in the vid I saw of Green post game of the SJ game,. I saw and heard 4mins of the same roundabout questions concerning Dipietro his game, and the decision to play him.

(it was an emergency situation)

The today pre game Ducks it’s the same questioning surrounding the same situation..

I have not heard a single question directed to Green concerning what I saw as some great action out of Zack MacEwen.. first point, first game, 8 min toi ..

is this really how bad our journalism is in this town?

A friggin emergency goalie callup is the same as digging up bones in journalists goalie graveyard!!

44 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Wow our lines look weak, no idea how JV has dodged sitting with his play as of late.

Another poster ( @FedorFedorov ) used/ uses this same approach. Picks one player/ coach and always add a criticism. FF was Travis Green. You are ragging on Jake Virtanen. Very similar in many ways. FF still follows CDC, but doesn't post. Perhaps he has a second A/C !

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

... in the vid I saw of Green post game of the SJ game,. I saw and heard 4mins of the same roundabout questions concerning Dipietro his game, and the decision to play him.

The today pre game Ducks it’s the same questioning surrounding the same situation..

I have not heard a single question directed to Green concerning what I saw as some great action out of Zack MacEwen.. is this really how bad our journalism is in this town?

A friggin emergency goalie callup is the same as digging up bones in journalists goalie graveyard!!

The Vancouver sports media is truly the bottom of the barrel. Below them are the real dregs in Canucks Army, Canucks Misconduct, and various other bloated and dumb blog sites.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I have not heard a single question directed to Green concerning what I saw as some great action out of Zack MacEwen.. first point, first game, 8 min toi ..

The media in Vancouver is arguably as bad as some of the trolls on this site and hockey forums. Pathetic that many of them still have jobs with their idiotic questioning. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Vancouver sports media is truly the bottom of the barrel. Below them are the real dregs in Canucks Army, Canucks Misconduct, and various other bloated and dumb blog sites.

How anyone can be negative this year is beyond me....

Every thing is falling into place....patience.....the plan is coming together...

Hannibal-33-the-a-team-37059562-230-208.jpg.0326f76fbd7093e2dba19f5a238503b5.jpg

Just now, 40Dangles said:

The media in Vancouver is arguably as bad as some of the trolls on this site and hockey forums. Pathetic that many of them still have jobs with their idiotic questioning. 

I just woke up.  What's going on with our goalies?  Is Marky back in nets?  Is the new guy backing up?  

4 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

Has to be a win tonight. I think the boys are a proud group and won't go down to a team like Anaheim.  

On an aside note, thought about making a separate thread about it, but how much does this Sutter injury impact our season and TDL moves.  They haven't been very specific other than lower body injury and I really hope it isn't his hernia again.  He is one of our more valuable trade chips but still also extremely valuable on our team.  Really hoping it isn't week and week but the skeptic in me thinks it will be. The playoffs are ours if we perform, so hopefully this group can string some W's together. If we don't, we are only 6 points off the floor in the west so it wouldn't take much to tank lol

I don't think Sutter's injury impacts anything right now. I don't imagine they are going to bring in another C w/ term when they already have 5 centers. And they aren't going to be going after rentals either. I tend to think they will/should explore trading Sutter in the offseason, but for now he's a Canuck & hopefully he's not out long. The playoff door is definitely open for us & we really need him on the PK.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Gaudette-MacEwen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

Tanev-Gudbranson

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

I like those lines except I'd prefer to see Roussel with Gaudette and MacEwen.  That would be a greasy hard to play against 3rd line.  Problem is we have no one to play with Horvat.  If we could get a top 6 left winger to play with Horvat and take out Granlund then we are going places.  Mark Stone and/or Jonathan Huberdeau fit the bill.

10 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Another poster ( @FedorFedorov ) used/ uses this same approach. Picks one player/ coach and always add a criticism. FF was Travis Green. You are ragging on Jake Virtanen. Very similar in many ways. FF still follows CDC, but doesn't post. Perhaps he has a second A/C !

at least fedor was entertaining.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't think Sutter's injury impacts anything right now. I don't imagine they are going to bring in another C w/ term when they already have 5 centers. And they aren't going to be going after rentals either. I tend to think they will/should explore trading Sutter in the offseason, but for now he's a Canuck & hopefully he's not out long. The playoff door is definitely open for us & we really need him on the PK.

I think Sutter's injury makes us better.  Gaudette is a better player than Sutter.  Plus (as another poster pointed out in a different thread) Bo plays better when given more defensive duties.  

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The media isn't happy unless they can manufacture a goalie controversy

Archived