The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT CANUCKS AT DUCKS | Feb 13 | 7:30PM | SN One | A Roasted Duck Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

5 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

On a random note, Mikey Dipietro is probably one of the smallest goalies I've ever seen in net, NHL wise. I think he looks that much smaller in the NHL because most players are over six feet tall (in comparison to a lot of shorter players in junior).

Khudobin is supposed to be smaller but he looks way bigger in net. Maybe its the style? Mikey was down a lot I guess.

442845F8-D617-42D0-A3DB-D3BE31FA23AA.jpeg

DCFD2F8F-6EF8-4948-AAEF-0DB75EB31478.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Kind of surprised Goldy is out again. He’s been battling a lot harder lately. No one else to come out tho besides Granlund I guess. Probably doesn’t want 2 rookies in the line up and Goldy. 

Too many soft plays with the puck. I counted half dozen giveaways the last 3 games where he had ample time to make a good play and enough time to make the safe play. But no he just held on to the puck way too long. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Me too hell of a character. Nice guy too

Yeah, he used top crack me up.

He always went wandering out of the net....like a long way...still remember yelling at the TV. However to his credit,he often got back in time.

I remember his old white pads too...think he had them since he was a kid.

Not unlike Brashear's shoulder pads.

33 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

both of them were plugs

Irbe when here had a .907 sv% and 2.73 GA on a pretty lacklustre team as a backup. He wasn't really a plug, just a decent backup on an awful team. 

For reference Kirk McLean that year was a 3.68 GAA and .879 sv%

52 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

On a random note, Mikey Dipietro is probably one of the smallest goalies I've ever seen in net, NHL wise. I think he looks that much smaller in the NHL because most players are over six feet tall (in comparison to a lot of shorter players in junior).

Khudobin is supposed to be smaller but he looks way bigger in net. Maybe its the style? Mikey was down a lot I guess.

First thing I noticed about his style was that his stance is quite wide. 

Clarke will likely teach him to stand up taller and keep his shoulders up.

But that is also a strength and balance thing, which we gotta remember he's only 19 and has had limited coaching to this point. Things like strength, speed, form and timing will all be worked on over the next few years. It's naive to think that any junior player was just going to step into the nhl overnight. 

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Maybe the Buffalo Beauts can lend the Canucks Shannon Szabados to back-up in net until Demko is ready to come back?  ;)

I had to google that silly name, then I was like, oh.. women's hockey... and who doesn't love alliteration?

But still silly, like if next NHL expansion team proposed....Seattle Studs?.....:wacko:

The best team name from Buffalo is 'The Buffalo Bisons'

Archived