The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 13, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is really too bad that Gudbranson wasn’t there tonight to not see what happened both times.

Yeah, he was to busy keeping Tom Wilson from a cheapshot on Guentzel. Also wouldn't matter Matheson would run and hide anyway. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Where the hell did I say that? Swing and a miss. 

You're right, your answer was about something else.... My bad.

I am just a little concerned about Petey and other team's willingness to run him... so I reacted too quick.

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

While disappointed with what happened to Rous and Pettersson I can't agree with the rest of this.

Those goals aren't meaningless to the guys in the locker room, or Motte himself who has had a solid season overall. 

Motte is 4th liner. Let's stop propping up our garbage, marginal players when thirty other teams have an exact or better version of Motte.

In the grand scheme of things, this win is fruitless. It's deja vu all over again, like the 1-0 win vs the Kings that one season and sweeping those 3 California games where we celebrated moral victories like winning playoff games.

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Geenious Jim, and his not protecting EP by not icing a rebuild roster capable of doing so, should be $&!# canned. Tomorrow. 

Or, I suppose EP will just keep absorbing abuse until we all find out just how much it takes to break him. 

Goons are going to goon.  Calgary, by all accounts, has a tougher roster and that has never stopped Gaudreau from taking abuse.  I'm not opposed to toughness being a part of the team (and yeah, we can use more of it).  But it's not about protection, the only one that can protect EP is EP.  It's about those times you have to fight fire with fire.  You don't have tough guys on your team to protect your skill guys.  You have tough guys on your team to put their skill guys on edge.

4 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Motte is 4th liner. Let's stop propping up our garbage, marginal players when thirty other teams have an exact or better version of Motte.

In the grand scheme of things, this win is fruitless. It's deja vu all over again, like the 1-0 win vs the Kings that one season and sweeping those 3 California games where we celebrated moral victories like winning playoff games.

Get over it dude

Just now, Seinfeld said:

Wrong... he is not garbage, he is a player who a lot of teams would be happy to have.

He has a good attitude, is a Pacman who never quits and has good speed and decent hands.

He is perfect for the 4th line.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

You're right, your answer was about something else.... My bad.

I am just a little concerned about Petey and other team's willingness to run him... so I reacted too quick.

It’s all good. 

I'm all for the team adding toughness in the offseason Ferland and Myers being two I’m interested in us pursuing. A kid like Curtis Gabriel in Jersey would be great as well. 

Schaller was supposed to help in that department but hasn't been able to for whatever reason. Wasn't 100% on us moving Gudbranson for this reason though I do like Tanner Pearson. Could forgive that move if we seriously address grit and toughness this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

Was that the season when Winnipeg and Columbus passed the Canucks on the draft list when they won lottery slots or the season where Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Dallas passed us on the draft list after winning lottery slots?

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Goons are going to goon.  Calgary, by all accounts, has a tougher roster and that has never stopped Gaudreau from taking abuse.  I'm not opposed to toughness being a part of the team (and yeah, we can use more of it).  But it's not about protection, the only one that can protect EP is EP.  It's about those times you have to fight fire with fire.  You don't have tough guys on your team to protect your skill guys.  You have tough guys on your team to put their skill guys on edge.

What the heck are you talking about

3 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Cool. You're wrong, but you do you. 

Archived