The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

52 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sure, but blaming retirees from Alberta is silly DYT?

BC can not be expected to absorb the huge medical costs of Albertan retirees and the associated medical issues from long term tobacco chewing.....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC can not be expected to absorb the huge medical costs of Albertan retirees and the associated medical issues from long term tobacco chewing.....

Fair enough... Keep paying the costs of immigrants from China that are taking over, although I imagine they don't even want to go to Surrey.

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Rachel Notley is wrong. Alberta is not the "embarrassing cousin" of Canada. Albertans need a government that will unapologetically fight for our province. That's exactly what the UCP is offering on Tuesday.

Jason Kenney.

Notley has literally not stopped fighting but I'm sure the city boy who now has a cute 10 gallon hat and big truck knows more about Alberta than her.

The expression used to be "all hat, no cattle" 

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's a page out of Trump's book.  Ugh.

It kinda started with their slogan - "Alberta strong and free" - oh yeah and then there was how he screwed over Brian Jean in the leadership race. What I laugh about here in Alberta is how people bitch and whine about how Trudeau can't impose a carbon tax on them but somehow its ok to force BC to accept pipelines? As I have said over and over Conservative government after Conservative government have pissed away royalties etc over and over from oil companies - never learning that when times are good to save the money for a rainy day. Lougheed was the last true leader in this province and Kenney is just another hack who will cut corporate taxes, cur services and pass all the costs down to the people of Alberta. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Violator said:

We send a ton of power to Alberta.  We send a ton of LNG to Alberta.  We are Alberta's only clear access to the Pacific nations.  

Kenney is an absolute buffoon and it makes me so damned sad Alberta is going to vote him in.  Within 5 months he will be bending over backwards begging the feds to help him out as his idiocy and keyboard warrior tactics blow up in his face.

he can talk tough during the campaign but the moment it is quadruple the cost to heat your home in Alberta due to his stupidity, the moment shelves in Walmarts and major stores run empty because BC blocked port access he's done.

But of course he'll blame BC and say that we're trying to screw Alberta without ever once admitting ok I screwed up.

And THAT is the difference between a leader and what Kenney represents.  he will take literally 0 ownership for the hardships he will bring to Alberta.

But hey, maybe he can Ford his way into people's hearts and let them drink in parks in the morning.  Which won't help when they get in a drunk driving accident and have no hospital access because he privatized healthcare in Alberta thus giving doctors the chance to go private and make a lot more money creating a net loss of professionals in the public system

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Notley has literally not stopped fighting but I'm sure the city boy who now has a cute 10 gallon hat and big truck knows more about Alberta than her.

The expression used to be "all hat, no cattle" 

Notley has signed petitions to stop pipelines, is that a premier? Notley has members that previously ran for the communist party, is that a premier? Notley has accrued 40 billion in debt in less than 4 years, is that a premier? 

She has record job loss, massive debt and a carbon tax... Sorry, hope you enjoy Alberta and it will be better when you get here, but Notley and the ndp have been a failure.

It's time to get serious, equality or independence, Alberta has carried the load long enough, only to be disrespected from those that have taken Alberta money.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Notley has signed petitions to stop pipelines, is that a premier? Notley has members that previously ran for the communist party, is that a premier? Notley has accrued 40 billion in debt in less than 4 years, is that a premier? 

She has record job loss, massive debt and a carbon tax... Sorry, hope you enjoy Alberta and it will be better when you get here, but Notley and the ndp have been a failure.

It's time to get serious, equality or independence, Alberta has carried the load long enough, only to be disrespected from those that have taken Alberta money.

Kenney has signed legislation to fire hard working Canadians and replace them with TFWs

Kenney has members and staffers that are ARE white supremacists and Anti Semetes.

Kenney was a cabinet member of a party that left Canada with $184 BILLION in debt

Kenney was a member of a party that after they left power only budged the employment marker by .2%

Kenney wanted to enact a Cap and Trade which was far worse than a carbon tax (on record)

It's time to get serious and actually put some frigging thought in to your endless rhetoric and repeating the same boring talking points and tell us EXACTLY how and why Kenney with his track record is more deserving as a leader with the already proven failed policies his party is promising than Notley.

I'm being very serious man, if you cannot for one second stop with the rhetoric that is so easily disproven and give us a reason WHY Kenney and his party platform deserve to lead than you need to stop.  You also need to really make an effort to zip your damned lips about Trudeau too because you're voting in a guy that has screwed up in spades and is far more unethical than he is.

So.  Give us a reason man.  Try to actually use fact and reason because I plan on fact checking your stance

Edit*. I know Kenney will win, the likelihood of him not is about as great as Jersey giving Vancouver the 1st overall for Markstrom.  But you need to actually start seriously thinking about why he is deserving.  Why his platform is deserving and how those policies which experts have already seriously questioned will affect Alberta.  Because simple math will show you how screwed up Alberta will be if oil doesn't hit and sustain $70 within 18 months of him taking power

Edited by Warhippy

11 hours ago, Violator said:

That hole kenny tfw thing pissed me off to high heaven.His capaign office was the same one occupied at the apprentice board building what a punch in the face to the same people he screwed over

Yup.  THIS is why I cannot fathom how the hell people can simply vote him in to vote Notley out.

Claiming Notley cost tens of thousands of jobs yet never once simply understanding that the start of the massive layoffs occurred in 2012 and 2013 under Kenneys frigging office.

His signature saw oer 1000 welders and ironworkers turfed for European TFWs.  See John Lipinski.  This program cost almost 27,000 jobs in Alberta over 3 years and it was Kenney who committed to the program.

I'm genuinely getting upset at the blatant stupidity and hypocrisy people from Alberta are showing.  Talking about ethics and jobs and economics that the NDP and Trudeau don't have then laughingly voting in kenney.

Honestly, people can claim that the education system was so great in Alberta but it sure did create a lot of idiots if they're really willing to commit to Kenney simply to vote out one person.  Remember, people voted in Trudeau just to vote out Harper and that was bad but somehow someway doing it with Kenney will be totally ok

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

We send a ton of power to Alberta.  We send a ton of LNG to Alberta.  We are Alberta's only clear access to the Pacific nations.  

Kenney is an absolute buffoon and it makes me so damned sad Alberta is going to vote him in.  Within 5 months he will be bending over backwards begging the feds to help him out as his idiocy and keyboard warrior tactics blow up in his face.

he can talk tough during the campaign but the moment it is quadruple the cost to heat your home in Alberta due to his stupidity, the moment shelves in Walmarts and major stores run empty because BC blocked port access he's done.

But of course he'll blame BC and say that we're trying to screw Alberta without ever once admitting ok I screwed up.

And THAT is the difference between a leader and what Kenney represents.  he will take literally 0 ownership for the hardships he will bring to Alberta.

But hey, maybe he can Ford his way into people's hearts and let them drink in parks in the morning.  Which won't help when they get in a drunk driving accident and have no hospital access because he privatized healthcare in Alberta thus giving doctors the chance to go private and make a lot more money creating a net loss of professionals in the public system

Old hippy taking a ride on the stupid train. He is following the Saskatchewan system, and btw you live in a province that has the most privatized healthcare system in Canada.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Kenney has signed legislation to fire hard working Canadians and replace them with TFWs

Kenney has members and staffers that are ARE white supremacists and Anti Semetes.

Kenney was a cabinet member of a party that left Canada with $184 BILLION in debt

Kenney was a member of a party that after they left power only budged the employment marker by .2%

Kenney wanted to enact a Cap and Trade which was far worse than a carbon tax (on record)

It's time to get serious and actually put some frigging thought in to your endless rhetoric and repeating the same boring talking points and tell us EXACTLY how and why Kenney with his track record is more deserving as a leader with the already proven failed policies his party is promising than Notley.

I'm being very serious man, if you cannot for one second stop with the rhetoric that is so easily disproven and give us a reason WHY Kenney and his party platform deserve to lead than you need to stop.  You also need to really make an effort to zip yourdamned lips about Trudeau too because you're voting in a guy that has screwed up in spades and is far more unethical than he is.

So.  Give us a reason man.  Try to actually use fact and reason because I plan on fact checking your stance

Edit*. I know Kenney will win, the likelihood of him not is about as great as Jersey giving Vancouver the 1st overall for Markstrom.  But you need to actually start seriously thinking about why he is deserving.  Why his platform is deserving and how those policies which experts have already seriously questioned will affect Alberta.  Because simple math will show you how screwed up Alberta will be if oil doesn't hit and sustain $70 within 18 months of him taking power

Nothing is disproven, you just post your anti conservative nonsense and always assume you're right. Look around Canada big guy, pretty conservative

Debt, hmmm the worst recession in 100 years. Btw Horgan added 4.1 billion in debt in his first budget

Warhippy, constantly crying about anything conservative, yet still moving to Alberta lol

• Upvote 1