The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

NO don't deflect.  Asnwer the question Strome.  Do you seriously think small business is unimportant?  yes or no.  Your statement clearly says you think so so yes or no.  And don't go pulling that "PM  you dream about" while you're still licking your hands clean after the furious provincial circle tug you just finished after the trailer park boy took power.  Because you look  childish every time you open your yapper and make statements like that, which is effectively every time you rightfully get called out for making such a stupid statement like "small business is unimportant"

So yes or no, small business important or not.

(don't worry ftg I am sure there's some left for you to click a like button on after)

I thought I was clear. Small business is the closest thing to not important. They don't pay taxes just like your boy jt said and they don't offer high paying jobs. The 60s are gone, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

According to Statistics Canada, there are 1,167,978 registered businesses in Canada (as of December 2015). Small businesses (1-99 employees) make up 1,143,630 of those businesses. That’s right, 98% of all businesses in Canada are small businesses! Again, as of December 2015, small businesses employed over 8.2 million individuals in Canada – over 70% of the total private labor force!

https://www.inc.com/todd-mccracken/why-we-need-to-give-more-aid-not-less-to-small-businesses.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/who-actually-creates-jobs-start-ups-small-businesses-or-big-corporations/2013/04/24/d373ef08-ac2b-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html?utm_term=.65f94d503347

https://www.nber.org/papers/w13818

https://www.factorfinders.com/small-business-job-creation-vs-big

https://www.sba.gov/advocacy/small-businesses-drive-job-growth-us

https://www.governing.com/week-in-finance/gov-finance-roundup-small-business-myth.html

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/small-business-was-the-backbone-of-the-economy/

https://www.surexdirect.com/newsroom/small-business-month-canada

Bottom line.  Small business and start up are the companies that propel this nations economy.  Large companies are far more prone to lay off and leave the country, while still enjoying massive tax breaks and subsidies.  Start ups are the economic engine that can grow from 20 to 25,000 and maintain a major national presence.  To say small business is not important is so laughably stupid it beggars belief.  one would almost have to be stupid enough to believe that kenney will successfully screech loud enough to bring the price of oil back up to $100 a barrel and wrangle all the companies that left for more lucrative pastures in America rushing back to Alberta

That expains why the national average wage is 50,000. 

Glad you reach for the stars.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

According to Statistics Canada, there are 1,167,978 registered businesses in Canada (as of December 2015). Small businesses (1-99 employees) make up 1,143,630 of those businesses. That’s right, 98% of all businesses in Canada are small businesses! Again, as of December 2015, small businesses employed over 8.2 million individuals in Canada – over 70% of the total private labor force!

https://www.inc.com/todd-mccracken/why-we-need-to-give-more-aid-not-less-to-small-businesses.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/who-actually-creates-jobs-start-ups-small-businesses-or-big-corporations/2013/04/24/d373ef08-ac2b-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html?utm_term=.65f94d503347

https://www.nber.org/papers/w13818

https://www.factorfinders.com/small-business-job-creation-vs-big

https://www.sba.gov/advocacy/small-businesses-drive-job-growth-us

https://www.governing.com/week-in-finance/gov-finance-roundup-small-business-myth.html

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/small-business-was-the-backbone-of-the-economy/

https://www.surexdirect.com/newsroom/small-business-month-canada

Bottom line.  Small business and start up are the companies that propel this nations economy.  Large companies are far more prone to lay off and leave the country, while still enjoying massive tax breaks and subsidies.  Start ups are the economic engine that can grow from 20 to 25,000 and maintain a major national presence.  To say small business is not important is so laughably stupid it beggars belief.  one would almost have to be stupid enough to believe that kenney will successfully screech loud enough to bring the price of oil back up to $100 a barrel and wrangle all the companies that left for more lucrative pastures in America rushing back to Alberta

You call everybody stupid but your ideology is unelectable or thrown out everywhere. You couldn't even beat CC ffs, that's how pathetic your party is. But yes keep telling the majority they're wrong.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought I was clear. Small business is the closest thing to not important. They don't pay taxes just like your boy jt said and they don't offer high paying jobs. The 60s are gone, sadly.

22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That expains why the national average wage is 50,000. 

Glad you reach for the stars.

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You call everybody stupid but your ideology is unelectable or thrown out everywhere. You couldn't even beat CC ffs, that's how pathetic your party is. But yes keep telling the majority they're wrong.

I'm just gonna sum this up.  You said not important, closest thing to not important.  I posted all this information as to why you're wrong and the ONLY rebuttal you have is regarding wages (by the way, the average corporate wage in canada is only $39,000 a year so yay small business for paying more) then again somehow someway try to claim I am an NDP supporter because Horgan barely edged out Clarke.

You're so frigging pathetic when you're like this it's laughable.  Just go fawn over the photos of your hero from Ontario in his big boy F-350 and cowboy hat and pretend he's gonna do all the things.  Knowing deep down in your heart that the man you're trying not to enjoy yourself to is only there because he is more corrupt than Trudeau and has less of a moral compass than Ford.  Good job, make sure you clean up after yourself.

If you need motivation I will post links to all of Kenneys best moments on the Trailer Park Boys for you

30 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Here you go again calling people idiots when the only idiot is you. The PM you dream about every night said a similar comment about small businesses. They don't employ more nor do they have better benefits... You're living in the 60s and 70s even though you weren't born till 82. Guess someone told you a fairy tale along the way..

It's funny to watch the left with their inconsistent views, they literally just hate everything the right does, even if it contradicts their previous left gov't point of view..

Clinton & Bernie "We need to build a border wall to stop illegal immigration"

the left "we need walls"

Trump "We need to build a border wall to stop illegal immigration"

the left "Walls are so racists....."

or better yet....

Yesterday "Small businesses are greedy capitalist pigs for wanting to keep min wage low, they should parish if they can't economically remain competitive...."

Today "Small businesses are extremely important, those 3000 jobs funded by huge gov't subsidies on energy efficiency alberta are super important" (meanwhile 152,000 jobs were at stake with coal phase out and not a whisper)

Tomorrow" the right are terrible for wanting to spend that money on higher economic/ higher job creating industries, they obviously don't care about the environment"

Meanwhile over half of the light buibs I got put in through energy efficiency Alberta are all ready dead and had to be replaced.  So glad they paid all the money to buy the cheap bulbs, as well as fund the out of province companies to come change them for me.   

Meh it's not worth debating over, they think they are economic geniuses while having zero life experience.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It's funny to watch the left with their inconsistent views, they literally just hate everything the right does, even if it contradicts their previous left gov't point of view..

the left "we need walls"

or better yet....

Yesterday "Small businesses are greedy capitalist pigs for wanting to keep min wage low, they should parish if they can't economically remain competitive...."

Today "Small businesses are extremely important, those 3000 jobs funded by huge gov't subsidies on energy efficiency alberta are super important" (meanwhile 152,000 jobs were at stake with coal phase out and not a whisper)

Tomorrow" the right are terrible for wanting to spend that money on higher economic/ higher job creating industries, they obviously don't care about the environment"

Meanwhile over half of the light buibs I got put in through energy efficiency Alberta are all ready dead and had to be replaced.  So glad they paid all the money to buy the cheap bulbs, as well as fund the out of province companies to come change them for me.   

Meh it's not worth debating over, they think they are economic geniuses while having zero life experience.  

I don't mind debating with the centre, or even liberals but ndpers are so inconsistent and pathetic with their arguments it's pointless. Hey hippy, there is NO elected ndp government in Canada. Everyone else is wrong but hippy is right.

Sad part is he is 37 and believes everything he says is right. Like they say, "can't teach an old dog new tricks."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

the left "we need walls"

or better yet....

You’d be far more entertaining, if you weren’t so completely desperately pathetic. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You’d be far more entertaining, if you weren’t so completely desperately pathetic. 

Why do you say that?

Alberta has given 600 billion for a better Canada, what has BC given? Even JT admitted Alberta has supported the rest of Canada. Alberta does way more than any other province for a better Canada. BC opposes tmx yet cries about 1.70L fuel... Spark another blunt. 

I wonder how on earth could BC get cheaper fuel? Ahh nm keep making Trump money.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Don't you live in BC? You skinny jean wearing ppl would capitulate asap. I imagine northern BC would actually fight.

Lol!! Yup sure do.. I definitely don’t support the current govt but I will throw down against anyone anytime. 

Edit: I’m loyal to a fault. Nothing personal of course

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Lol!! Yup sure do.. I definitely don’t support the current govt but I will throw down against anyone anytime. 

My dad did teach me a few things.... miss him every day.

Taught me this....

its-not-the-size-of-the-dog-in-the-fight

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Ever feel like Canada is 10 bordering countries that hate each other and 3 territories you never hear about?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Ever feel like Canada is 10 bordering countries that hate each other and 3 territories you never hear about?

Canada is such a big country that most citizens have so little contact with others from different provinces....  maybe.....  Just my thought.

I have had the priviledge of living in both Alberta and Quebec and i feel fortunate to have experienced different provinces.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

100% And I definitely didn’t mean to come off as some goof flexing behind a computer (even though that’s pretty much what I did). Like with the nucks, I may not agree with everything they do, but I will go down with the ship so to speak.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canada is such a big country that most citizens have so little contact with others from different provinces....  maybe.....  Just my thought.

I have had the priviledge of living in both Alberta and Quebec and i feel fortunate to have experienced different provinces.

You make a good point. 

It's sad, I find we Canadians stand in the way of our own success.

I know you hate JK because of what you hear. What you don't hear in BC is that his plan is to tax major emitters not a carbon tax on hard working people. I would think you support that.

This country needs to work together for the greater good.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a tough one. But thanks for a normal discussion on it. 

I'm also big into harm reduction wherever possible. 

Its scary to me that Kenney will effectively make GSAs a bad option for kids who won't join unless its their choice to out themselves. I think its going to lead to some very sad outcomes. 

I honestly don't see a huge issue with this but I could be totally wrong. You don't need to be gay to join a GSA, so if your gay and don't want your parents to know you are a supporter of a gay student.

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why do you say that?

Alberta has given 600 billion for a better Canada, what has BC given? Even JT admitted Alberta has supported the rest of Canada. Alberta does way more than any other province for a better Canada. BC opposes tmx yet cries about 1.70L fuel... Spark another blunt. 

I wonder how on earth could BC get cheaper fuel? Ahh nm keep making Trump money.

a lot. In provincial economic rankings its pretty much been BC or AB  at the top of real GDP and wages. We're one of the "haves" giving to the "have nots" too. 

• Upvote 2