The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 04/04/19 5pm -- Alex Biega Turns 31 Edition

xereau

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

What was the explanation?  Something about the puck continuing?  I didn't see it but got in just to hear that nonsense.  Uh, what??  They review goals ALL the time and listen for the whistle to see if it's before or after the puck went in.  So we changed that today?

Yeah. I guess they're supposed to always keep playing past the whistle (which could be on time, early, or late, as defined later) to some loosely defined point in time.

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Yes.  That was it.  Puck was in a continuous motion *after* the whistle.  Seriously.:picard:

Well that's a new one.  They're getting creative with their crappy calls.   Did they use MS paint to write that in to the rule book?

1 minute ago, canuckfromlangley said:

I have seen a puck in the net and the ref call it back because he intended to blow the whistle. This makes no sense.

Right? This is almost a new level of throwing out the rulebook when we start questioning whether whistles stop play.

Just now, GreyHatnDart said:

So from now on if a guy shoots, the whistle blows and then it goes into the net untouched it’s a good goal? I just got in and only half saw it but wtf?

No, just this one time because....Canucks.

Just now, GreyHatnDart said:

So from now on if a guy shoots, the whistle blows and then it goes into the net untouched it’s a good goal? I just got in and only half saw it but wtf?

Yes, and if the refs say anything about "intent to blow the whistle" it's just another massive indication of NHL officiating's hypocrisy and incompetence.

Archived