The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2019 Draft Prediction] The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select___(player name)___

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I did :picard:

What about Podkolzin, if he falls to us?

I would have no problem selecting him. Hes a bigger risk for sure but an absolute beast, he's worth the wait for whenever he comes over from Russian.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Lol. Nope. The Dmen in this draft outside of Bryam really hit me as mediocre, and Zegras has talent coming out of every orifice. Look great on Horvat's right side.

Bo does need a play making winger.  

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have to say I am still hoping Dach or Cozens.  Check out fanspeak.com for a fun draft simulator that allows you to do the drafting.

That site is fun and all but the rankings are so far off. I did one draft and got Zegras, seider, Bjornfot in the first 3 rounds haha.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

That site is fun and all but the rankings are so far off. I did one draft and got Zegras, seider, Bjornfot in the first 3 rounds haha.

I found the same thing.  I was able to get a few guys that don't seem possible.  It is fun to do though. :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shapo said:

Trevor Zegras

Don't think he will be available at 10. I think he'll be gone by the time the Canucks select. IF he's there, oof, Canucks better pick 'em. 

What if BOTH Turcotte and Zegras is there???

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Don't think he will be available at 10. I think he'll be gone by the time the Canucks select. IF he's there, oof, Canucks better pick 'em. 

Turcotte for sure, but he will be top 5.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, dpn1 said:

I have to say I am still hoping Dach or Cozens.  Check out fanspeak.com for a fun draft simulator that allows you to do the drafting.

Me too.  Unfortunately they are predicting they are two players that could go right after the big two...if they are still there at ten then jump on them.  Pods is the big question mark...I’m hoping he’s gone before us so we don’t have to worry about it just pick up Boldy...not that excited by this years crop of defenseman after last year, but if we need to go that route then Broberg or Sieder we would be fine.. Pick the RHD they are virtually neck and neck by ISS at 21 and 22.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:43 PM, cyoung said:

Absurd statement lol. Kids not even drafted yet and you have his career all planned out. He's a beast, don't underestimate him.

Scouts say he’s the best goal scorer of the bunch but his skating isn’t as fast as the new NHL wants and of course he’s a little smurf.  Other teams slept on Fleury and St. Louis, could happen again.  Funny thing how when Hughes wasn’t around he still scored at the same rate...Some say that because of his other center...Maybe it’s because he really is an elite finisher like the scouts are saying.  Best in the draft ... some teams can’t afford another small player (CHI) and won’t pick him given who else will be available...my guess whoever does won’t be disappointed.  Wonder what Benning will do...will he go after a player with a higher ceiling again (and why not it’s worked the last two drafts) or will he go organizational need (Sieder) or will he go highest floor (Boldy)....or whom he believes is BPA...

This draft has a lot of similarities to EPs class, the top two undeniables (Hughes and Kakko), and then a murderers row of pretty darn good but probably not elite guys.   Funny how that draft worked out so far ...  think we are in for a similar one.   Hopefully it will be us winning two years from now the same way we won with EP.  Caufield is one guy who could do that for some team. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm starting to warm to Krebs a bit. He seems like the type of player that'll come through big in the playoffs, and other than Horvat, I can't see a whole lot else on our team that fills that sort of void.

Pearson will do his part, he had experience after all.  And so will JV, his game is better suited to it and once he finds the line between what’s a penalty will flourish.   EP needs a few more pounds but doesn’t need a competitive boost, he’s got that hard wired into his brain.  Rousell and Beagle will do fine, same with Sutter if he’s healthy.  Our defense I really couldn’t say... our entire team for the most part isn’t battle tested with the exception of Beagle and Pearson.  I’d expect that they’d need a few cracks at it to get into the swing of things, but once they get it they will do fine.   Hughes is uber competitive...that’s a good push and a good sign.  If he can survive a regular season without injury he can do it in the playoffs too.  Just like Bure did a few years in...

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Scouts say he’s the best goal scorer of the bunch but his skating isn’t as fast as the new NHL wants and of course he’s a little smurf.  Other teams slept on Fleury and St. Louis, could happen again.  Funny thing how when Hughes wasn’t around he still scored at the same rate...Some say that because of his other center...Maybe it’s because he really is an elite finisher like the scouts are saying.  Best in the draft ... some teams can’t afford another small player (CHI) and won’t pick him given who else will be available...my guess whoever does won’t be disappointed.  Wonder what Benning will do...will he go after a player with a higher ceiling again (and why not it’s worked the last two drafts) or will he go organizational need (Sieder) or will he go highest floor (Boldy)....or whom he believes is BPA...

This draft has a lot of similarities to EPs class, the top two undeniables (Hughes and Kakko), and then a murderers row of pretty darn good but probably not elite guys.   Funny how that draft worked out so far ...  think we are in for a similar one.   Hopefully it will be us winning two years from now the same way we won with EP.  Caufield is one guy who could do that for some team. 

Just reading up on Mike Bossy.  Watched him play live here several times, and he never impressed me as a top skater.  He got around the ice well enough, but was not really a guy to have the puck on his stick a lot - except to shoot.  He was taller than Caufield but not very heavy.  6’ and 185.  But man he could shoot the puck.  His release was quick, accurate, and hard to see live.  Maybe Caufield has that same gift?  Bossy was hyper compete too.  

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Just reading up on Mike Bossy.  Watched him play live here several times, and he never impressed me as a top skater.  He got around the ice well enough, but was not really a guy to have the puck on his stick a lot - except to shoot.  He was taller than Caufield but not very heavy.  6’ and 185.  But man he could shoot the puck.  His release was quick, accurate, and hard to see live.  Maybe Caufield has that same gift?  Bossy was hyper compete too.  

Bossy was something else wasn’t he?  Yes he got around the ice pretty well but he was no Mike Gartner (speed to burn) but had one heck of a shot.   Boeser reminds me a bit of Brett Hull, average skater and player both ways, but just one mean blisteringly accurate shot and quick release.   Maybe Caufield has that too...not sure as it’s hard to see a guy that small being that good...but you never do know.   Remember Yakupov lit the lamp too but it never translated, it’s hard to tell, but with some risk comes reward.

Mike Bossy was one of the best goal scorers ever...Ovi gets his goals partially based on volume ... picking corners isn’t an easy thing to do in any era and even with SP adjusted to .915 Bossy still would have dominated just like Gretzky and Lemuiex, instead of scoring 70 they’d be scoring mid sixties..less then ten percent difference really.  

Robataille comes to mind as a guy who was passed on because he didn’t have a top gear.   But his first few strides were good enough to get in the open and do his thing.   Really a lot of the best scorers the game has ever seen were not great  skaters.... some were like Selanne and Bure though and that’s definitely exciting to have.   Don’t know what Bennings plans are but pretty sure we will get a good one, and if it’s Caufield I’d understand the pick...

On 6/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, N4ZZY said:

I'd go Zegras, confident we still picking up a good player though if these two are gone.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:50 PM, shapo said:

I'd go Zegras, confident we still picking up a good player though if these two are gone.

Can’t see Zegras dropping to 10th. I see Boldy being available there. Have the feeling that the 10th is gonna be traded. Benning better know what he’s doing. He makes me nervous when it comes to trades. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1