The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2019 Draft Prediction] The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select___(player name)___

21 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Still got a gut feeling Jim is Landing #1.... sadly gut feeling boeser is the one going the other way.... fingers crossed hughes lives up to number one pick if true 

That would be incredible, but it would be really tough losing Boeser.

NJ has Hischier and Zacha, with McLeod coming up. They don`t really need a C. But they don`t have much at RW. No one as good as Boeser anyway. Maybe they would be interested in that? Not sure the Canucks should do that though.

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

That would be incredible, but it would be really tough losing Boeser.

NJ has Hischier and Zacha, with McLeod coming up. They don`t really need a C. But they don`t have much at RW. No one as good as Boeser anyway. Maybe they would be interested in that? Not sure the Canucks should do that though.

Zacha is terrible and plays as a winger for NJ. He's kinda like Pouliot for us. Nobody in that organization will be sad to see him lose his spot to someone elser so NJ are in as much need of a center as any team.

Teams will always pick the center over a winger if all else is equal. Much easier for a center to move out to the wing than the other way around. 

Running a Hughes and Hischier down the middle for the next 15 years is what they want. They are not going to move the first overall. No way. 

I can't put my finger on any one player I'd like to see us take with out first. I been riding the Soderstrom train all year, guess I'll live and die on that train. I would love Krebs, Boldy, Zegras as well though. So it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes up. 

On 5/9/2019 at 2:23 AM, DeltaSwede said:

Zacha is terrible and plays as a winger for NJ. He's kinda like Pouliot for us. Nobody in that organization will be sad to see him lose his spot to someone elser so NJ are in as much need of a center as any team.

Teams will always pick the center over a winger if all else is equal. Much easier for a center to move out to the wing than the other way around. 

Running a Hughes and Hischier down the middle for the next 15 years is what they want. They are not going to move the first overall. No way. 

agreed, unless pettersson was dangled, and even then, canucks probably have to add.  

Benning has said that all of the teams that made the playoffs have mobile D and that they have work to do. I guess Hughes and possibly Stecher and Rathbone isn`t enough. This, to me, means he is targeting another mobile Dman with the 1st. I previously predicted Newhook, but now I wonder if he`ll go for Soderstrom. Cam York could be another player they might like. He was very good at the U18. Yes, he is a LD, but I believe him and Hughes can both play R and L. I also believe Tryamkin will return.

Tryamkin - Hughes

Juolevi - Soderstrom

Hutton - Stecher

Woo

Tryamkin - Hughes

York - Woo

Juolevi - Stecher

Hutton

Each pairing would have an offensive mobile player, and a defensive player

Not sure how I would feel about this.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, tas said:

agreed, unless pettersson was dangled, and even then, canucks probably have to add.  

No, don't agree with me when you say that the Canucks would have to add Pettersson ::D

I'm saying the Devils are not going to be looking to trade the pick period. 

Edited by DeltaSwede

On 5/8/2019 at 4:50 PM, RetroCanuck said:

If we draft Hoglander 10th when he's ranked as a second rounder by everyone and would most likely be pickable there... then Ill finally have switched to the fire Benning group.

Have you watched his highlights? He’s ranked low due to poor stats on a weak team in his first SHL season. Check out his highlights this kid looks sick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold Druken said:

Have you watched his highlights? He’s ranked low due to poor stats on a weak team in his first SHL season. Check out his highlights this kid looks sick 

I don't doubt his skill. If you look at my past comments you'll see that I definitely want to draft him with our second. Its just a case that there are a lot of better players at 10 then Hoglander.

Hughes

Kakko

Turcotte

Byram

Cozens

Dach

Podkolzin

Zegras

Boldy

Krebs

Soderstrom 

Seider

Caufield

York

Newhook

15 players there that are higher end prospects then Hoglander.

5 hours ago, Harold Druken said:

Thats nothing to do with him as a player, its just horrible asset management. If a player is projected as a 2nd rounder you don't use a top 10 pick on him. By doing that you're also missing out on some even higher potential players. You wait until the second to take him and if you're that high on him package your 2nd with something and move up a bit to ensure you get him.