The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

As a new GM and not sure what to expect of this league I just have to say I have been so impressed with both you and @Primal Optimist and what you do to keep this going and answering all of my dumb questions.  Glad you are still staying as a GM in the league and I would vote you and Primal in as commish anyday!

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If anyone has any existing contract discussions open please add in @Primal Optimist to the conversation. I am also stepping back on the player agent front. 

Wish you all the best in your signings! :) Check the Free agent list folks! There are a lot of quality free agent depth players available.

i wish i could sign some of them  .....but the former gm of the coilers left a disastrous salary situation for the fellow one ...lol 

i mjust glad my team is cap compliant now  .... 

26 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i wish i could sign some of them  .....but the former gm of the coilers left a disastrous salary situation for the fellow one ...lol 

i mjust glad my team is cap compliant now  .... 

I am willing to help out with that :D

1 hour ago, Tylez said:

It is with sadness and some unfortunate circumstances that I am choosing to step down as commissioner of the league. There have been some things brought to my attention that makes me feel it is better suited in someone else's hands. 

@Primal Optimist has graciously accepted to take over so the league does not die and will continue to run now and in to the future.

I will also be remaining on as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Thanks all

Tylez, you will be missed on the exec for sure and you did an admirable job. Rush17, thanks for your time as well. Certainly tough times this summer losing the entire executive except for Tylez, who kept this whole thing from falling in the fire. 

We have had some 9 gms turn over prior to the past 2 weeks and 4 since but that is water gone by this bridge.

I am thrilled that both of you will stay on, I know I have a large job ahead and here is what i can promise: i will do my best to hire 4 more exec's over the next little while and in some time when we are settled the full exec will figure out how best to elect a full time commish from among our number. 

I appreciate your patience everyone as we transition over and move forward. ( we could use 3 more gms real quick if you know anyone" and will fill them over the coming days)

I am at emergency room atm on unrelated matters, so more posts in some hours time or tomorrow. Carry on folks and let's get back to rolling, Autobots! Lol 

Volunteers for the exec committee can PM me to discuss. Aiming for full transparency on every move so at least one volunteer quickly simply to oversee ME would be welcome. Cheers

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:35 PM, Papa Sawce said:

Waivers places Johnathon Ericsson, Sheldon Dries, Annti Suomela on waivers with the intention of sending them to the griffens @Primal Optimist

Placement: Detroit sends Sam lafferty to the griffens @Tylez

Just catching up for @Primal Optimist, You still need to send down 1 Forward to make room for the Derek Grant signing

• Thanks 1

I will be stepping down as GM of the Calgary Flames. 

I don’t have the drive nor will to put forth any type of worthy effort to this league, and never really did put much effort to begin with as I didn’t see a bright future for it. I don’t see it getting much better - the influx on random/new accounts is alarming and telling, to me. I hope it can work out for you guys and the kinks are worked out but it’s just not me for anymore. 

Good luck. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

NSH has a few trade offers in the wind. Lets see what shakes. We would like to upgrade one of our bottom 6-7 defenders and add a top six forward. Fingers crossed we can find some deals that work for now and the future.

We believe we have found a Top 6 Forward. We just need league approval to process the deal. 

Fingers crossed it meets league approval. :frantic:

3 hours ago, BM24 said:

I will be stepping down as GM of the Calgary Flames. 

I don’t have the drive nor will to put forth any type of worthy effort to this league, and never really did put much effort to begin with as I didn’t see a bright future for it. I don’t see it getting much better - the influx on random/new accounts is alarming and telling, to me. I hope it can work out for you guys and the kinks are worked out but it’s just not me for anymore. 

Good luck. 

I respect personal decisions and  I hope you will change your mind in the future. Never say never. Best of luck in your other leagues. 

On Random/New Accounts as you call them: 

I believe that there are many great leagues in the Fantasy pages on CDC, I play in four of them. However, with coming up on a decade of involvement  here on CDC one thing does stick out to me: the "GM gene pool".

99% of all the GMs in every league are great people with a wealth of knowledge and experience and yeah even some industry insiders, which is so freaking cool... but in any closed loop, attrition is the biggest issue over time. The fantasy leagues on CDC now have a massive crossover of GM's, like me, who play many leauges and the loss of any one GM now generally affects multiple leagues. I won't say no to a vet GM who may want to join EKL, but they know where to find us and vacancies are listed on the title of our thread.

I will be focusing my efforts on recruiting more GREAT Canucks Dot Com members from outside the Fantasy section and will be filling vacancies with new blood specifically as a means to combat the general losses of people (yes people, not Random Accounts lol) over time from the fantasy section as a whole. That being said, there will be more new people with a steep learning curve ahead of them than old timers from other leagues.

I am averse to making new rules mid season, however my advice is that from this point forward, if you plan to sell a player who was a top 15 draft pick under age 25 OR a player making more than 5 million or really any fancy name hockey asset: post about it in the thread: advertise your wares...and then wait a few days to make sure you capture all the offers that may be coming in for him. Not a rule, but I hope we can all see where this is valuable advice. As one shark of a sharp trading GM pointed out: he didn't like a 2 or 3 day wait on a deal because he gets better returns with fast paced high pressure negotiations: so for new folks that says it all right there..slow and steady...its a keeper league not a giver league.

Thanks for listening. The main point is get used to new GM's. Without them every league in the fantasy forums will eventually die out for lack of fresh blood in the gene pool, and new gm's will need to quickly learn that veteran GM's will do their very best to get the upper hand in a deal, secret fast deals are NOT the friend of NEW gm's so take your time and advertise what your selling so that the market price for the assets will go higher rather than lower, making your owner very happy. 

For the next several days I will be working hard to keep everything up and running while hopefully some of you are deciding to join the executive. 

Cheers everyone,

and again to the GM's who have moved on, or don't have the passion anymore: you will be missed but your departure confirms that bringing in fresh minds is very important, not just for our league but for cdc fantasy league forums in general. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 4

Are there any plans for league intervention into clearly one sided deals involving new GMs? If someone who's been around the block wants to get hosed in a deal that's their own prerogative but it seems like there should be some kind of training wheels in place. 

3 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Are there any plans for league intervention into clearly one sided deals involving new GMs? If someone who's been around the block wants to get hosed in a deal that's their own prerogative but it seems like there should be some kind of training wheels in place. 

As of today, any deal announced in thread by the executive will not be undone, vetoed, voided or otherwise changed. If the previous commish didn't void it, I am not voiding it. 

When any deal is sent in and agreed to between two GM's it has been in the past and will be in the future looked at for grievous injury to a club or malicious intent to injure the league and in those two types of cases the 31 GM's at large will never even see or hear of those voided deals as they didn't happen and won't be posted. 

Every single trade will face that scrutiny always. I promise you that, but no to answer your question, I will not be undoing someone else's hard work, and certainly would not void a trade where the GM posted the availability of the player in thread: got many answers and picked one. This is the last I will entertain of that idea, so I hope I have answered you clearly. 

If not PM me and we will ensure it doesn't need to be asked again. 

• Upvote 3