The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@JimLahey : Matthew Peca has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minor league affiliate.

@Kobayashi Maru : Daniel O'Regan has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minor league affiliate.

There is one player on waivers still until tomorrow morning. I will update at that time. 

Note to all on Pickuphockey; I am taking it slow and ensuring things are done correctly, and so for several days I will only be making one or two changes per 24 hour cycle until I am sure it is done correctly. Everything will be backdated appropriately and should be at full speed and caught up by this time next week at the latest. (*I expect just a few days though) Thanks for your patience. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Trade.png.d8275b583130413d3973ac6afdcba898.png

To @Colby Covington WSH.png.8dd0c11972e30776390d9eeee84ace59.png : Zach Werenski

To @inane WPG.png.822f716d24ce33d1d761ba16b5ab7eb5.png : Jonathan Huberdeau

Logged, team sheets will be updated today and pickup will reflect changes backdated to this morning, in a few days time. 

Trade happened super fast after about 3 messages. VERY not my style. 

Still looking for more moves hit me up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, inane said:

Trade happened super fast after about 3 messages. VERY not my style. 

Still looking for more moves hit me up. 

Didn't we make a trade in 5 minutes last night lol

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

To @janisahockeynut NJD.png.14a6827918bc7be68db098f2a3796f26.png : Matt Grzelcyk

To @Snapshot85 MTL.png.776d1e785d6bf8156de2b7747e0fe0a3.png : NJD 5th 2021

Um, I'm sorry, but WTF is this? A top-4 D-man on the top team in the league for a measly 5th?

I can wrap my head around stuff like the Marner deal, because of cap issues, and how some people value 1st rounders. But this one doesn't make a lick of sense at all.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Um, I'm sorry, but WTF is this? A top-4 D-man on the top team in the league for a measly 5th?

I can wrap my head around stuff like the Marner deal, because of cap issues, and how some people value 1st rounders. But this one doesn't make a lick of sense at all.

Should I explain every trade?

Kinda makes this fun league a bit unenjoyable.

I had to move a defenseman.....to sign teddy... I was not going to let him go to Nashville after all of that... it was a matter of principal.... so I traded a 4/5 defenseman to a middle ELC team ..... 

If you cant understand that Idk what to say

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Should I explain every trade?

Kinda makes this fun league a bit unenjoyable.

I had to move a defenseman.....to sign teddy... I was not going to let him go to Nashville after all of that... it was a matter of principal.... so I traded a 4/5 defenseman to a middle ELC team ..... 

If you cant understand that Idk what to say

You should have at least put his name out - should have EASILY got a 3rd or even 2nd. I certainly would have paid it. He's on the top team in the league, who have a history of going deep in the playoffs.

And really, who cares about principal? You hadn't signed Blueger so far, who cares if someone offer-sheeted him? If it's just principal, match and then waive him. Grzelcyk is worth more than Blueger and a 5th.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

This ones on me. Overworked, underpaid. :wacko:B)

In any normal week of fantasy hockey this likely would not have passed the smell test. As the EKL leans towards GM's actually having the freedom to run their teams, and the clubs in question are lower in the standings and the GM's involved are newer, I let this stand, it affects no other team in the league, while providing on the job experience to help shape our GM community. 

My thoughts are simply that its a rough week, the above points , there is lots to do, :excl:folks that would like to shape policy and put more eyes on player movement are heavily encouraged to apply to join the executive:excl:

Thank you. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

This ones on me. Overworked, underpaid. :wacko:B)

In any normal week of fantasy hockey this likely would not have passed the smell test. As the EKL leans towards GM's actually having the freedom to run their teams, and the clubs in question are lower in the standings and the GM's involved are newer, I let this stand, it affects no other team in the league, while providing on the job experience to help shape our GM community. 

My thoughts are simply that its a rough week, the above points , there is lots to do, :excl:folks that would like to shape policy and put more eyes on player movement are heavily encouraged to apply to join the executive:excl:

Thank you. 

I'm not questioning you, Primal. I appreciate your hard work.

I'm only questioning it to 1) let off steam, and 2) let new GMs know their players are worth a lot more than that.

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 1