The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

That's actually a bigoted comment. You are generalizing about a nationality based on what? People are individuals guy. What does Goldobin or Shirokov or Try have to do with Podkolzin's talent and drive? nothing

I told you a couple of weeks ago that a large percentage of the fan base would go crazy if this happened....."And the usual suspects ( or idiots as I like to refer to them as ) have supported my theory” He will be a great pick.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

No Vancouver Canuck fan with any sense of historical knowledge would be happy with 4 solid defensemen.  History tells us we need 10 legitimate NHLers with 6-7 that are considered very solid.  Injuries are a right of passage here when it counts.

Those are just players we drafted. We're obviously not going to build a D-core with just drafted players.

Benning has gotta pull the trigger on a trade at some point. When players like Trouba., Barries, and Ristolainen are potentially available you jump on it.

Guys like Zaitsev, Gardiner, and Meyers are not the solution.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't think Podkolzin was their player until he fell into their laps.

I'm thinking if Podkolzin and Zegras were gone then he would have made the trade. I also wonder if Broberg was big on their list.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I love pumping my own tires, I said a few weeks ago that Pod was a Benning guy if even half of what was said about him was true. Still really shocked he was around at 10. We got a good one, despite what the crybabies have to say about Russians.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't think Podkolzin was their player until he fell into their laps.

I'm thinking if Podkolzin and Zegras were gone then he would have made the trade. I also wonder if Broberg was big on their list.

As it turns out, if it was a half dozen spots down they could have still had Newhook or Krebs.  Philly got a 2nd for 3 spots, so likely a pick or so.

15 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kaliyev, Brink, Lavoie, Leason, Korczak, Dorofeyev all passed over on day 1.

All would be great picks for us @ 40 tomorrow.

Korczak is my personal favourite, but I didn't think Kaliyev would make it through the first round. Top 10-15 upside, must be some big concerns. 

Any of these guys play with Pod?

:P