The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

10 overall pick curse continue?

Welp, not a fan of this pick, but if you’re going to hit a homerun, might as well swing for the fences with the 10th pick.

Why? I love it did not expect him there at  all?  Russian factor is stupid everyone wants to come to North America &^@# North American bitches, do some cocaine, &^@# moren, snipe beside ep. &^@# Russia 

23 minutes ago, Odd. said:

WAITT NOO

Take Brett Leason he’s still available 

I really like Lavoie. 20 goals and 32 points in 23 games. Kid is large but a bit thin. He's gonna fill out I believe.

He scored a goal off the rush at the mem cup finals.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

WAITT NOO

Take Brett Leason he’s still available 

He would be fun. Could help Utica next season! I wonder if we grab that Robertson kid. The D man lol. Never hurts to add more D. Lavoie is my hope at 40 though. Feel the kids gonna be a stud. Top 6 forward for sure.

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Egor Afanasayev - LW - 6'4" 200lbs 

Big Skilled and Fast...

Fits the mold JB's looking for, and gotta love size that can skate.  Lavoie has really fallen off considering he was pushing into the top-10 not that long ago.  Lots of options, we're going to get a good one at 2.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Why? I love it did not expect him there at  all?  Russian factor is stupid everyone wants to come to North America &^@# North American bitches, do some cocaine, &^@# moren, snipe beside ep. &^@# Russia 

Exactly if Russian players want to leave for the KHL chances are they aren't good enough in the NHL to make an impact to begin with. 

Yes there are exceptions like Radulov or Koluvachuck. But it's not like we are seeing Kucherov or Kuznetsov wanting to leave the NHL in favor of the KHL. 

Egor Afanasyev played in the USHL this past season and looks like he's committed to the OHL this upcoming season. Does he have the option to play in the AHL the following year? I don't know the rules here but I recall some prospects needing 2 years of junior following the draft before they can go to the AHL while other prospects only needed 1 year. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, danaimo said:

I'm pretty sure Ryan Smith and Alex Burrows proved effective 1st line players and if this kid has half the career that Burr had, I'm happy.  From what I've read, the Burrows comparison seems quite applicable

If Burrows had hands and a shot lol. He's tenacious as Burrows though. 

Haven’t posted here in quite a while but just want to say I’m fired up about this pick! I wanted Krebs or Newhook going into the draft and gotta be honest, I hadn’t considered pods much because I thought he’d go higher. This really could very well be the steal of the draft, I mean the kid was ranked 3rd overall by most pundits for the majority of the season!

Just watched an interview with pods and even with a translator you can tell he’s got a chip on his shoulder. Picturing him with bo and maybe virtanen will be wrecking teams on the forecheck! Kids a bull! 

• Upvote 2